Plasterboarding a 6m high ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris77

looking for alternative to scaffolding, need to reboard a storage unit ceiling

hoists top out at 5m?
scissor lift costs a shed load
if I use towers when I skim it will be a ballache moving em.
using 8x4 fireboards
its a 50m ceiling,

any other types of lifting devices out there?

**** boarding and skimming a ceiling that high and size of anything other than a scaffold

you need it completely scaffold out. with a hoist to bring the materials up.
what do you mean hoists top out at 5m? we have hoists running up tower blocks.

magic carpet is whats hes looking for i think.

Makes me laugh. Imagine board that off a scissor lift. Take a board up. Fix it. Come down. Take one up etc. it sounds like the sort of job where id say its being fully scaffed or im not interested. There is no magic cure.

Its the only way scaffolding it out , otherwise walk , how the hell can you skim that in a scissor lift ? Would be a bloody nightmare and would end up looking shite , they will have to bite the bullet get a scaffy in for a price

ALRIGHT!! thanks for the replies, the only plasterboard lifter's/hoists I could find went 5m only, sounds like i should keep looking!

but obviously the way to go is a full scaffold, the ceiling is split into quarters because of rsj's, so i was gonna use two ally towers and youngermans for skimming and do each section seperate. I wasnt gonna skim out of a scissor lift!!, i thought you might get 4/5 boards in the drive it from the top and fix em, thats were I thought a scissor would come in handy, but thats a shite idea as well by the sound of it!

was just looking to avoid scaff cost.....but now I won't!
thanks scaff it is
Nice One.

t you can operate from the top, load it up

Large scissor lift. They are about 6'x10', if not bigger, extended. What's the problem? 2 alloy 2500 x1450 towers would probably cost the same as a scissors, and you cant drive them from the top.
Heres one we did a couple of years back.

Last edited:
just got quoted £800 for bird's nest scaff! £320+vat for scissor for a week, so fcuk it, I'm gonna board AND skim out of a skyjack scissor lift, you can move around whilst extended, . Get the gear in, drive about, easy? Magic carpet toss

just got quoted £800 for bird's nest scaff! £320+vat for scissor for a week, so fcuk it, I'm gonna board AND skim out of a skyjack scissor lift, you can move around whilst extended, . Get the gear in, drive about, easy? Magic carpet toss
try and cover the scissor lift floor and keep it as clean as possible mate,, some of those hire company's charge a fortune if it goes back covered in plaster,, not the easiest things to clean when covered in plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.