1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Plasterboard lifter

Discussion in 'MF Systems And Drylining Discussions' started by Cornelius, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Cornelius

Cornelius Well-Known Member

Morning droogies, one of the fixers got one on site today, makes easy work of lifting the blue sound boards onto ceiling. They vary in price anyone got any recommendations I could use one on my domestic jobs @Lodan @Olican @TonyM ?

2. TonyM

TonyM Private Member

Mine is a Sumner. They are about £7-800 now. Luckily I bought mine secondhand for £250. Great if you work on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Builderboi

Builderboi Well-Known Member

I seen a really nice compact one for hire in selco have a look at that one they'll tell you where u can buy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cornelius

Cheers, they vary in price from about £100-£1000 ideal for heavy boards or working on your Tod, like the way you can easily adjust a board with no struggles, normally use a pair of telescopic props but it’s still a pain.

5. Lodan

Lodan Private Member

I just got the cheapish eBay one for £100, does the job and not let me down yet. Had to do an upstairs with 15mm boards and it was a god send would have been f**k*d on my own without it

• Like Like x 3
  6. TonyM

TonyM Private Member

Great for sloping ceilings too. Did a 65m2 3m high sloping ceiling in just over half a day recently @£6 a metre. Will pay for itself in no time

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cornelius

Something cheap and cheerful will do me fine, it’s not for everyday use.

8. Cornelius

Proper job.

9. TonyM

TonyM Private Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. zolco

zolco Private Member

I think levpano is the make you looking for about 700 smackers

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Builderboi

Builderboi Well-Known Member

That's the lil bitch zol! Real small turning legs compared to some ice used which are a nightmare against walls real sturdy lil goat from what I saw

12. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

We've got one of these and it's worth its weight in gold.
    Having had one I'd suggest that you avoid the cheap ones, when they go bang they really go BANG!

• Like Like x 1
  13. zolco

zolco Private Member

Yes, they do look the business. I haven't got one, but would be a nice upgrade:love:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. zolco

zolco Private Member

I have a cheap one, served me well till December, she's broken now :cry:
    Can i borrow yours and never take it back lol:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

Off course you can mate would you like me to organise delivery?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. zolco

zolco Private Member

That'd be jolly good of you (y)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

Ok the lifter is all packaged up and on its way to you.
    Obviously as I'm doing you a favour I knew that you'd cover the postage.
    Honestly I shopped around and the cheapest I could find was £950, overnight.
    I'll PM you my PayPal account details so you can make a friend's and family payment.
    You're welcome.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. zolco

zolco Private Member

Cheers Andy

• Like Like x 2
  19. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

Wish i had a lifter on a few jobs in the past... but if i did get back at it i think it would be worth it

20. Mouldyoldspudgun

Mouldyoldspudgun Active Member

I already have one, didn’t cost a thing does ceilings, sloping ceilings and walls, plasters them as well and lays the floor, mind you I had to feed him for eighteen years

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  21. zolco

zolco Private Member

Sounds like an expensive one :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mouldyoldspudgun

Mouldyoldspudgun Active Member

Few sheets of bread a day that came off next doors bird table so not that expensive

• Funny Funny x 3