Plasterboard lifter

Cornelius

Morning droogies, one of the fixers got one on site today, makes easy work of lifting the blue sound boards onto ceiling. They vary in price anyone got any recommendations I could use one on my domestic jobs @Lodan @Olican @TonyM ?

TonyM

Private Member
Morning droogies, one of the fixers got one on site today, makes easy work of lifting the blue sound boards onto ceiling. They vary in price anyone got any recommendations I could use one on my domestic jobs @Lodan @Olican @TonyM ?
Mine is a Sumner. They are about £7-800 now. Luckily I bought mine secondhand for £250. Great if you work on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornelius

Mine is a Sumner. They are about £7-800 now. Luckily I bought mine secondhand for £250. Great if you work on your own.

Cheers, they vary in price from about £100-£1000 ideal for heavy boards or working on your Tod, like the way you can easily adjust a board with no struggles, normally use a pair of telescopic props but it’s still a pain.

Lodan

Private Member
I just got the cheapish eBay one for £100, does the job and not let me down yet. Had to do an upstairs with 15mm boards and it was a god send would have been f**k*d on my own without it

TonyM

Private Member

Great for sloping ceilings too. Did a 65m2 3m high sloping ceiling in just over half a day recently @£6 a metre. Will pay for itself in no time

Cornelius

I just got the cheapish eBay one for £100, does the job and not let me down yet. Had to do an upstairs with 15mm boards and it was a god send would have been f**k*d on my own without it
Something cheap and cheerful will do me fine, it’s not for everyday use.

zolco

Private Member
That's the lil bitch zol! Real small turning legs compared to some ice used which are a nightmare against walls real sturdy lil goat from what I saw
Yes, they do look the business. I haven't got one, but would be a nice upgrade:love:

zolco

Private Member
We've got one of these and it's worth its weight in gold.
Having had one I'd suggest that you avoid the cheap ones, when they go bang they really go BANG!
I have a cheap one, served me well till December, she's broken now :cry:
Can i borrow yours and never take it back lol:D

essexandy

Private Member
That'd be jolly good of you (y)
Ok the lifter is all packaged up and on its way to you.
Obviously as I'm doing you a favour I knew that you'd cover the postage.
Honestly I shopped around and the cheapest I could find was £950, overnight.
I'll PM you my PayPal account details so you can make a friend's and family payment.
You're welcome.

zolco

Private Member
Ok the lifter is all packaged up and on its way to you.
Obviously as I'm doing you a favour I knew that you'd cover the postage.
Honestly I shopped around and the cheapest I could find was £950, overnight.
I'll PM you my PayPal account details so you can make a friend's and family payment.
You're welcome.
Cheers Andy

Danny

Administrator
Wish i had a lifter on a few jobs in the past... but if i did get back at it i think it would be worth it

Mouldyoldspudgun

I already have one, didn’t cost a thing does ceilings, sloping ceilings and walls, plasters them as well and lays the floor, mind you I had to feed him for eighteen years