Plasterboard Hoist/Lift

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevewils

Has anyone got a recommendation, or have experience of a plasterboard hoist/lift?

I have to board a 2.7m ceiling, by myself, and this seems the easiest way. Can't decide whether to buy a cheapie from Ebay, or hire one from HSS.

Any help appreciated.

Board lifters are good on high ceilings if the room is empty and there is no carpet down. I think they are a mare to use on a carpeted floor and only ever tried once and it was put away after one board and i just manned up and got on with it but, it was hard going on my own 6x3 are the way ahead.

I hate boarding on me own. Just get a young lad out the pub for 30 quid to help. Once the boards are up send him on his way.

balance the board on your head and climb up the ladder and wedge it to the ceiling, easy after a few goes.

I know a bloke called Frank En Stein who has te potential to be real good at that. Il give him a bell when boarding ceilings next

still throwing up 8x4 on my todd at 58 years old , a couple 2x1 , no prob , except the first time i try it with 15mm fireboard , my frigging ball s hit the floor before the board did, i then put the 12mm on the ceiling and the 15s on the stud , problem solved , went outside and unhitched my horse !
:RpS_thumbup:

Use a boarmate, it is piss easy. Hire a machine, never heard of that. Need to be on time work for that
Has anyone got a recommendation, or have experience of a plasterboard hoist/lift?

I have to board a 2.7m ceiling, by myself, and this seems the easiest way. Can't decide whether to buy a cheapie from Ebay, or hire one from HSS.

Any help appreciated.

Hire one first to try out. We used one on 3m high ceilings, brilliant bit of kit. If you get on with it get a used one off ebay (cheaper).
When the labourer has not turned up again at least you can get on and earn.

I've got one that I baught on ebay for less that £200, outstanding! Had it about 6 years, let's you board ceiling on you're own with ease, comes apart into 3 bits, I'd be forever chucking 6x3s up : (

Status
Not open for further replies.