plasterboard ceilings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
anyone done any ceilings using kingspan boards? I am looking at a job on a victorian res. the roof has been replaced and i am going to price the internal plaster boarding only (no skim) i will be using insulation boards with something like a 60mm kingspan layer on the back, the ceiling has valleys and is mostly on a fall of 45 degrees also. does anyone have any idea of a rate for this? obviousley i would normally screw standard board onto flat ceilings for around 2.50 m2 on a price with a decent measure. but this one looks a b1tch. thanks boys.

I normally price sloping ceilings and attic rooms at 5-6 quid a metre. Think of all the cutting and getting the boards up there too.

yeah the big bummer on this i recon will be the valleys that turn corners, I will have to mitre the board cuts given the depth of insulation on the back. I have used insulation boards before on walls but not on a ceiling of this nature

Did some similar on some old property's for Leeds Uni quite a few years ago , and yes mate them angles can be a pain in the arse, but you do have the luxury off fast cure exp foam nowadays for those not so perfect cuts ;)

hey warrior is that the gear on the shelves of suppliers now showing how fast to do a 'box in' or a hole patch repair? with plasterboard and foam.

plasterjfe said:
hey warrior is that the gear on the shelves of suppliers now showing how fast to do a 'box in' or a hole patch repair? with plasterboard and foam.
Yep that's it , apparently the dow corning gear they are pushing they say 1 can will replace 2 bags of dri-wall . i think theres a vid on their site

I used some of that dot and dab foam last week. Sticks really well but there is no resistance when you push on it, so background has to be plum etc for best results. Sets in 5 mins max.

Status
Not open for further replies.