PLASTER

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay73

also, since becoming a plasterer have always used board finish ,but thinking about using multi,my question is, does multi take longer to go off and is the finish just as good as board.and when doing a room do you do walls then ceiling or vise versar.

Re:  PLASTER

Board takes longer to go off than multi in my experiance but it does depend on your back ground and time of the year, and i personally have always done ceilings first then walls.

After preping I always do ceiling, then 2 opposite walls, then 2 final walls, board finish works on surfaces with virtually no background suction, very rarely use it. Got some large artexed ceilings to skim over in a couple of weeks time, going to use Wickes bonding agent, then board finish, to hopefully have time for a cuppa between trowellings. :p

do u feel board finish gives u more time?

i was allways told multi gave u more time...ie cuz its 4 all kids of background and high suction backgrounds...plus it shines up a treat!

few years back board used to be a 2 1/2 hour set and multi a 3 hr set...
now theyve both got 1.5hrs on the bags (per coat i suppose?) which equates to about 2 1/2 hours...
or 3 hours if you wanna see your face in it! :)
ive started using board more and more on low suction backgrounds e.g. well painted and pva'd walls...it just seems to go off at nearer the right speed...
the other week i had a wall i was no way sure about so i used multi on both walls (as you would 1 set) 1 wall went luverly on the multi (good job i didnt use board on it cos id never have caught the bugger..) but the other sat there grinning at me...i was over 4 hours trowelling 2 quarters of this wall up...board wouldnt have done that methinks...

I,ll stick with multi then, only used board finish a couple of times when its been aready on the job for me.

Had that problem of time defying multi last week, four seperate areas of patching/walls, all set at different times, trowelling up in lounge at 7pm while watching Emmerdale and customer having dinner. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.