plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay73

hey all, got a job on the weekend, and they have lots of bags of plaster all ready there that they want me to use, the thing is the date on the plaster is jan 2008, iv been told that if its out of date it cant be used but could i mix it with new plaster :-/

I always try to make sure the gear I'm using is in date. The use by date is there for a reason. If it was a week or so it ain't no great shakes but that stuff is over 6 months old and there's no gaurantee how it's been stored. It may be their way of saving a few pennies but it could cause you a headache in the long run with setting times etc.

If I was you mate I'd try and talk them into shelling out for a couple of bags of multi that ain't from the Jurassic age  ;D

Saying that, I had a bag of multi floating around in the back of my van underneath all the sh*t. It was well out of date but I used it the other day when I misjudged how much stuff I'd need :-[

Blamed the labourer of course  ;D

dont do it mate, youll end up compromising yourself for their sake and they wont thank you for it...

done this before 7 months out of date mixed it up slaped it on went to flatten it n was as solid as a rock never again :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.