plaster whisk problem today

Members online

No members online now.

Dropsalot

Private Member
Thank god it's friday.......if it had happened on a monday I'd have had a meltdown,
Working in an old victorian end terrace ...complete reskim for a laid back "that'll do" kind of builder...
walls all over the place...patched etc.etc
Had a mare of a day yesterday chasing the set (x 2)....decided to "do a @zombie"...went for three smaller sets to keep in control...
1st set started at 7.45, all under control by 9...started 2nd set, bigger wall all going good...returned to 1st set for a final flick and knocked with my fat arse, into my whisk that was leaning against another wall.....
no big deal thinks I.....had a quick look behind me to see the paddle in the air.....carried on troweling..
in a bit, had a proper look at the whisk....paddle up = motor down......its only gone and fell into my wash tub! and had been there several minutes!! and I still have to second coat the 2nd set!!!!:muyenojado:
no access to a spare whisk....drained it a bit and tried it...hoping not to go up in smoke (240v on a domestic)...
weeeeell........it started slower than usual, making a different noise....then went flat out ..then stopped..
mixed the next guage like this....intermittent f**k all to flat out....
thankfully by the 3rd set it had got a little dryer and a bit more predictable....
trowelled up, packed up and went home...chillaxed now:D

Do you not have a bit of roofing lath and a podger in the van just incase your mixer shits its self. Remember the 7 p's.