Plaster shortage

Hi Danny, since the beginning of 2019 we have been experiencing exceptionally high levels of demand for our plasterboards; levels which have far exceeded the rate of market growth. Unfortunately, this has also had a knock-on effect on the supply of plaster due to the way orders are put together for delivery, which has led to a longer lead time for plasters.

We are working to resolve this as soon as possible and extended lead times will only be temporary.

Hi Danny, since the beginning of 2019 we have been experiencing exceptionally high levels of demand for our plasterboards; levels which have far exceeded the rate of market growth. Unfortunately, this has also had a knock-on effect on the supply of plaster due to the way orders are put together for delivery, which has led to a longer lead time for plasters.

We are working to resolve this as soon as possible and extended lead times will only be temporary.
Is this also why I haven't got my free hat as well

Whilst your their a simple question
Why are your boards soft an d bendy in comparison to knauf

Wickes need to get their s**t together. I’ve just checked the stock at my local travis and there’s 674 bags in! :LOL:
Thats because they are having to order at least 10 pallets at a time but can only order once every 2-3 weeks. So loads in ATM in your local branch but give it 2 weeks and they'll be out. Especially if Wickes haven't got any as more will go there. My local Travis has loads of multi but no plasterboards

Good question. The quality is awful, can't get a clean cut with it
Tech support is a dead end , asked them a few weeks ago about easifill , not been tested with PVA , wtf , also no real come back about prep questions , just bypass rubbish like the subject is a mystery to them

To clarify my frustration....

BG responded to the use of PVA as a stabilizer on painted surface

Response ...

We don't know because BG don't make PVA

Well , so its not tested on PVA , leaves me with the question do they make paint ????

So a word of warning don't use it on anything other than jointing

Bit of a rant I know , sorry , but still want to know why the boards are so bendy , better acoustics perhaps , just give me a reason

Bit of a rant I know , sorry , but still want to know why the boards are so bendy , better acoustics perhaps , just give me a reason
The real reason will be because they found a way to cut the costs by a few pence per board and hoped noone would notice any difference. We all still buy them anyway so they won't care

The real reason will be because they found a way to cut the costs by a few pence per board and hoped noone would notice any difference. We all still buy them anyway so they won't care
Its a free market but if a customer gets BG boards I won't use them on stud or ceilings and only DND because I over dot than standard , just gets my back up that a company that size have pre prepared statements handed down to staff who pass it on to us mugs , don't do much now but its lost them thousands in sales over the years , I expect to talk to tech in the real world not people who have a script of get out clauses

Its a free market but if a customer gets BG boards I won't use them on stud or ceilings and only DND because I over dot than standard , just gets my back up that a company that size have pre prepared statements handed down to staff who pass it on to us mugs , don't do much now but its lost them thousands in sales over the years , I expect to talk to tech in the real world not people who have a script of get out clauses
They can't keep up with demand as it is though. They won't be losing any sleep over it

Whilst your their a simple question
Why are your boards soft an d bendy in comparison to knauf
@BritishGypsum do you mind if I answer this for you seeing as you're busy?
The new improved bendy boards and extra gummy plaster have been achieved after years of trial and error. The acquisition of the Wrigley's gum mine has made all these truly wonderful products possible and they are all available, sometimes, to the lucky everyday tradesman. We're all very lucky.

@BritishGypsum do you mind if I answer this for you seeing as you're busy?
The new improved bendy boards and extra gummy plaster have been achieved after years of trial and error. The acquisition of the Wrigley's gum mine has made all these truly wonderful products possible and they are all available, sometimes, to the lucky everyday tradesman. We're all very lucky.
As a child my dad would tell me about the local treacle mines , I think I owe him an apology,,,, see I'm not right all the time ,,, apart from some of my case studies on here of course

Too late me and a few of the other lads are starting up our own quarry:ROFLMAO:
snooze ya lose! :bananas:

Customer just dropped key and I asked if any signs were up at wickes. He said I was gonna tell you I got last 3 bags and woman said theres been a f**k up at bg with machines and there working on it but theres gonna be a shortage and price is going up

Customer just dropped key and I asked if any signs were up at wickes. He said I was gonna tell you I got last 3 bags and woman said theres been a f**k up at bg with machines and there working on it but theres gonna be a shortage and price is going up
Do you think that plastering rates will go through the roof seeing as we're using such a rare and valuable mineral?

If I have time I'll try a batch of my pony sh.t , 3:1 lime , handful of fibres and a nose peg

Just in case