plaster retarder for big hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothy

Hi all ive just been shown a trick by an old school plsterer:RpS_drool:
If you mix your plaster anti clockwise ,then clockwise it slows down the chemical reaction (setting time) in the plaster. I thought he was pulling my plonker until i tried it and it worked! I now mix 6 Bags at a time in an old water butt an plod along putting the plaster onto the walls with no stress.

If you mix your plaster anti clockwise ,then clockwise it slows down the chemical reaction (setting time) in the plaster. I thought he was pulling my plonker until i tried it and it worked! I now mix 6 Bags at a time in an old water butt an plod along putting the plaster onto the walls with no stress.
This only works if you face the north ,when mixing :RpS_thumbup:

another one ....

an old school plasterer did not have a mixing drill.plunger.shovel.

an old school plasterer did not have a mixing drill.plunger.shovel.

OMFG i have just realised that I and a few others on here could now be classed as OLD SCHOOL cos there was no whisks for a good while after i started :-(

First used a whisk in the early 90s, the old boys of the day were worried that it would overheat and fast set the plaster

Thats ludicrous....................ice cubes work tho!!!!!

maybe this old school geezer went to the school for the gifted..............:RpS_blink:

tried it yesterday morning?........,,, feckin result.....I've just finished givin it a final trowel half an hour ago.:RpS_wink:

If you urinate in the plaster it slows it down, so at weekends me and the Missis and the kids piss in bottles and buckets if I have a big hit on Monday.
Its a family activity teaching about recycling.

If you hold a spoon on the back of your neck it stops a nose bleed.
When I was a plasterers labourer back in 1923 only one spread on site had a mixer drill. Being an innovative and enrepeneurous?? young chap I showed a local welder a paint whisk and asked him to make me a large version, 8" across. I then bought him an old 110v drill and he welded the whisk into the chuck.
As word spread(pun) around the large site workmen came round to look at my whisk in wonder and awe, then laughed their nuts off when the drill started smoking like a Soho transvestite and burnt itself out. Thoooooose ...were...the...... days my friend we thought they'd never end lalalalallalllalalallalal

Status
Not open for further replies.