plaster problem

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray103

Would appreciate any advice for this plaster problem the plaster started falling off wall in big chunks any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks

Attachments

• 1381319196660.jpg
    1381319196660.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 292
make sure no more is lose. give the brickwork a coat of very weak pva to kill some of the suction. apply thistle bonding/hardwall/tough coat. scrape the edges back slightly to allow for thickness of the skim then once it is firm but not set skim it with 2 coats of multi finish. trowel it smooth and brush edges in if need be

Quite hard to advise without knowing your skill level, I assume you are a novice so will elaborate a bit on beddys reply.

Mix up hardwall plaster in a bendy bucket or similar. Pva wall as beddy advised. Overfill the area with the hardwall. Then use a feather edge (a bit of feathered skirting will suffice if you don't have one) and run it vertically across the patch with either end on the good plaster above and below. If you are left with any hollows, fill with hardwall and repeat with the feather edge. After an hour or 2 score the hardwall ready for skimming.

Quite hard to advise without knowing your skill level, I assume you are a novice so will elaborate a bit on beddys reply.

Mix up hardwall plaster in a bendy bucket or similar. Pva wall as beddy advised. Overfill the area with the hardwall. Then use a feather edge (a bit of feathered skirting will suffice if you don't have one) and run it vertically across the patch with either end on the good plaster above and below. If you are left with any hollows, fill with hardwall and repeat with the feather edge. After an hour or 2 score the hardwall ready for skimming.

Score the hardwall???

Would appreciate any advice for this plaster problem the plaster started falling off wall in big chunks any suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks

One coat plaster is your best bet if your a DIYer. Get a large bag from Wickes and follow the instructions on the back. If it looks rough when your finished just sand it down or place a large corner unit in front of it.

One coat plaster is your best bet if your a DIYer. Get a large bag from Wickes and follow the instructions on the back. If it looks rough when your finished just sand it down or place a large corner unit in front of it.

The greatest piece of advice ever given out on the forum :RpS_laugh:

The greatest piece of advice ever given out on the forum :RpS_laugh:

Ta bubbles, that's very kind of you, but I don't deserve it, really. Whilst the advice of Beddy and Skimbles was technically correct I don't think the bloke would have had a scooby what they were on about. In the circumstances I think my advice was correct:RpS_thumbup: Glad someone else appreciates that the bloke was a layman.

Status
Not open for further replies.