Plaster or Tape and Joint Career?

Members online

Shaz1992

If someone is good at skimming. Would that automatically (to some degree atleast) make them a decent tape and jointer?

I mean what is taping and jointing. I dont understand how its a job on its own. They literally have 2 main jobs right?

1. Just taping up the joints and filling them in
2. Making good the holes etc

They dont really do much else right?

I would avoid both like the plague
Idea Good Job GIF by Curious Pavel

If someone is good at skimming. Would that automatically (to some degree atleast) make them a decent tape and jointer?

I mean what is taping and jointing. I dont understand how its a job on its own. They literally have 2 main jobs right?

Depends if you know the difference between doing a bit of hand taping and doing proper tape and jointing with all the proper gear and that's your bread and butter.
Let's put it this way doing a bit of skimming doesn't mean you'd make a good plasterer.

Being good at skimming won’t necessarily mean your good at taping and joining there’s a bit more to it than just filling up the joints and making good the holes ,that’s a bit like saying skimming is just putting on two coats ,doing tape and joint is like skimming it takes time to learn how to do it right ,feathering back joints sanding how factory edges and butt joints fill out different what might look good to the eye when painted looks a whole lot different,in my opinion tape and join is a trade in its own