Plaster drying out

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Working on a refurb today and the skimming was drying out within an hour of finishing it. I decided to wet it to try and stop it drying out so fast. Does anybody know if this might have helped it or was I just wasting my time?

Well @Nisus overcame that problem on a similar sounding job today.

"Fcuk the skimming, I'll do it Monday."

I'm not sure if there's any connection, but the ice cream van didn't turn up today. :RpS_sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well @Nisus overcame that problem on a similar sounding job today.

"Fcuk the skimming, I'll do it Monday."

I'm not sure if there's any connection, but the ice cream van didn't turn up today. :RpS_sneaky:

he might have been cooling his heed in a vat if mr wippy

shame about that corbel being needlessly destroyed.

It was a graven image and all such should be destroyed along with their creators! Plus @Nisus had to create a contemporary hallway and get rid of all that Victorian tat.

If you think smashing that corbel was bad you should have seen him rip down the lumpy border on the ceiling. What was it he was called it? Anyway, it looks like that stuff you buy in B&Q only fancier. :rolleyes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shows you have no passion for plastering and only doing it for money? :)

hi Ryan do you do all your plastering for free - your customers must be well pleased if you don't charge them

passion for plastering does not pay the bills or take you on holidays .

you can have pride in your work and still make a living .:RpS_thumbsup: think about what you typing Ryan -..........

hi Ryan do you do all your plastering for free - your customers must be well pleased if you don't charge them

passion for plastering does not pay the bills or take you on holidays .

you can have pride in your work and still make a living .:RpS_thumbsup: think about what you typing Ryan -..........

Love to see his face in 5 yrs time when he re reads his posts :RpS_laugh:

10 yrs time for the rest of the young 'uns :rolleyes)

Shows you have no passion for plastering and only doing it for money? :)

I'd forgive that if your under 30 years old. Wait until a building factor disputes your work once you invoice them, or a contractor asks you to to finish the gyproc around the Windows & columns then deducts (at his prices)the price of the cuttings you used which were scattered about. How about the Pakistani who puts you off the job near the end & gets his brother to finish it. Your should be in business to make money, that's not up for debate, otherwise get a job
Cheers

I hate plastering, if something else came along I'd bin my trowels and never, ever think about picking another one back up. Sick of customers, builders, moaners, merchants, chasing payment and tidying up. My tolerance levels are at there limits and I find myself shouting at everyone, I've never been like that before but fk me it gets to you.

I hate plastering, if something else came along I'd bin my trowels and never, ever think about picking another one back up. Sick of customers, builders, moaners, merchants, chasing payment and tidying up. My tolerance levels are at there limits and I find myself shouting at everyone, I've never been like that before but fk me it gets to you.

nicely put Stuart .... sounds like you could do with a few drinks on holiday, somewhere nice and relaxing without a trowel in sight :RpS_thumbsup:

nicely put Stuart .... sounds like you could do with a few drinks on holiday, somewhere nice and relaxing without a trowel in sight :RpS_thumbsup:

Agreed mate, going away in a couple of weeks so hopefully I'll come back with a completely different attitude.

where you heading for Stuart, across the waters

Parents live in turkey so taking kids out for a week, would have stayed longer but have stag do in benidorm couple of days after I get home then honeymoon month after. That's prob the reason I'm so stressed.

Parents live in turkey so taking kids out for a week, would have stayed longer but have stag do in benidorm couple of days after I get home then honeymoon month after. That's prob the reason I'm so stressed.

all them holidays would stress me too:RpS_laugh::RpS_lol: enjoy try and forget all your worries

It's no the holidays it's the fking wedding, we're at over 13 grand and she's still going....

o dear----- make sure you enjoy the day -------or make sure she's going :RpS_lol:

joking apart stuart we've been married 24 years and still going strong, life is a rollercoaster with the ups ,down twist and turns :RpS_thumbsup: you've got to work at it. good luck

o dear----- make sure you enjoy the day -------or make sure she's going :RpS_lol:

joking apart stuart we've been married 24 years and still going strong, life is a rollercoaster with the ups ,down twist and turns :RpS_thumbsup: you've got to work at it. good luck

Cheers puddove, I'll strap myself in for the ride...

I put loads of weight on after getting married stuart, on account of my nuts getting fuller and fuller.
Best wishes though mate.
Hope you never agreed to no s*x before marriage cause theres fook all after it lol.:RpS_thumbsup:

Not quite what am trying to say - I mean take pride (not passion where Phil point out) in old school plastering as am sure you all agree. As you know my English is not my first language.

hi Ryan why don't you get your mrs to proof read your threads /replies - so you correct the issues before they make it onto the forum - :RpS_thumbsup:

Your not alone in that? I'm 50 and f#cked. Wrists gone, elbows, knees.Most customers are OK but there seems to be more asshole customers these days than 20/30 years ago. I would love to get put of the game.

Your not alone in that? I'm 50 and f#cked. Wrists gone, elbows, knees.Most customers are OK but there seems to be more asshole customers these days than 20/30 years ago. I would love to get put of the game.

I saw a phsyio last week and he asked me if I had any difficulty getting an erection, I knew plastering would knacker my limbs but no one told me my little Soldier would suffer :eek:

I saw a phsyio last week and he asked me if I had any difficulty getting an erection, I knew plastering would knacker my limbs but no one told me my little Soldier would suffer :eek:

There you go, not only are we getting shafted for money and our body's taking a battering but we're now risking no getting a bloody hard on!!

hi spreadylong legs- why not try teaching, passing on your knowledge to the next generation of plasterers
:RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.