Plaster crazed and coming off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemma

Hi there
Been plastering now for15 years never seen this before can u help plastering a show house it's just skimming on boarded work you know what they are like massive rush there no windows in the plot yet it's a warm hot day with wind which is blowing through house the room are complete drying within 3/4 hours once hit finished ..its ll crazing up and cracking , I'm just putting it down to the hot air and wind as I've seen that before but what I've not seen the plaster has not stuck to he wall and is now coming off in sheets

Thanks for your help

Possibly dust on the wall, from carpentry work or general building work, possibly plasterboard turned wrong way, possibly boards too dried out from heat .thats show business

plasters drying before its had chance to properly adhere to the substrate, think about it, its a wet material that will naturally shrink back/tighten up as the water draws out, if its drying out in a couple of hours its not getting enough time to bite into the board before all the lifes taken out of it:RpS_thumbup:

Still once its set it should be fine if its crazing when its not long been on problemo , how long has it been boarded ?

Status
Not open for further replies.