Plaster board fixings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilPlaster

Private Member
Went to fix someones banisters today as the rail had come away from the wall. It was a modern one with metal spindles. The rail was fixed into a chrome type end cap that was fixed into the wall. It felt like the screws had snapped. Stripped the whole thing down and found that the cowboy who originally fitted it used those drywall plug fixings to attach the rail into the wall! So all the weight is on just plaster board!
Amazed it didnt collapse on some one. Had to cut out the board and place in some stud then replace and skim.
Took no time at all to do properly. Replacing the rail n spindles tomorrow. I just couldnt sleep at night doin s**t like that to someone. Theres a bad job and then theres a dangerous job.

some people just dont know what they are doing, imagine if the woman was pregnant and leaned on the banister. i would want to find the fella that did the job and wrap it around his head. :mad:

I put one on with blue tac and sellotape once, it worked okay actually, customer was happy and I left.

Funny thing though, just as I was driving off I heard this funny bang and a scream..................ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.