Plaster around inset fire

Members online

burty

Alrite fellas, apologies if this has been asked.before, there is an inset fire on our current job, it's been framed out and boarded out with fireproof board. As the board i guess is acting like render would, prime and skim or fire plaster, your thoughts would be great

Attachments

• 20180809_105421.jpg
    20180809_105421.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 576
It's a cement board with a mesh on the face, same stuff on the outside for through colour render as it's 100% fire proof was hoping to grit to sort the suction and skim, had a that for plaster lol

Mine is render & set on brickwork, crazes if I load the fire up. Every now and then I wash it with an easifil slurry, then a splash of emulsion and it’s all good. It’s all part and parcel of a wood burner or open fire.

Alrite fellas, apologies if this has been asked.before, there is an inset fire on our current job, it's been framed out and boarded out with fireproof board. As the board i guess is acting like render would, prime and skim or fire plaster, your thoughts would be great
If it's vitcast board,,, vitcast heat resistant plaster should be used and its very expensive, skim will crack.

Got a bad feeling that's Aquapanel cement board for tiling. The mesh is fibreglass but they claim it is AO fireproof. It's shite to cut and use, breaks easily, plaster skim blew off before stove got hot.
Vitcas plaster might bond, maybe... Mouldy is right about what it is like to use though.
Proof of the pudding will be when it is fired up.

Have you done it yet, and how did you get on?