Planning

zolco

Private Member
Don't suppose anyone would have a copy of a planning application submitted to any local authority to gain planning in a conservation area to render a house.

Did you ask them?
All they say put planning in, ffs, I can understand that, but they want material samples, when asking what size you require and how I meant to attach it to the online application the phone went dead pmsl

All they say put planning in, ffs, I can understand that, but they want material samples, when asking what size you require and how I meant to attach it to the online application the phone went dead pmsl

Send them a handful of sharp sand?

You could always go down the route of hay bales for a period of 6years. Not entirely fool proof though I believe

Get the data sheets from the pit you use they will have it for each item also make some test panels to show colour and mix textures etc and photo and keep on site if they wanna come out to it in place and don't let them see any fear the dirty dogs

the trouble is if the area is over say a third of the property building regs may want ewi.
the grade of listing also will considered. they may accept a lime mortar render. i would not bother to apply with sand and cement render.
there are some areas where they will only accept white or pink external decoration.

Planning do have some weird laws , not even in conservation areas where rendering over a certain percentage of a building has to be in EWI as malc says

Anything over 25% I have to get planning unfortunately, was thinking ewi as well but they couldn't tell how can I present samples with an online application, or what size they require, which is bonkers cos they require it not me

Anything over 25% I have to get planning unfortunately, was thinking ewi as well but they couldn't tell how can I present samples with an online application, or what size they require, which is bonkers cos they require it not me

no body ever knows what they required till after you have completed the work then everyone knows that is not what they wanted!