Pins and needles in my hands.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyMac

Private Member
Getting this quite often lately, does anyone else suffer. Any idea what causes it?

While I'm working, most of the time while I hold my handboard. Wake up at night with it.

I have to relax my arms and shake some blood into them, it's doing my nut in if I'm honest.

Does it numb at all? I had this last year and it was a trapped nerve in my elbow. Happened when I bent it past 90 degrees. Luckily sorted itself out after a few weeks

Yeah they go very numb, same sort of feeling as when you sleep on your arm and you have to hang it out of the bed to get the life back into it.

i hurt my neck yesterday at work and when i woke up this morning i couldnt lift my head off my shoulder i physically havent been able to do it all day.
dan your hand sounds like what fatarm said carpul tunnel fella i used to work with used to have it he had the op done but hes never been able to use his hands the same since

Getting this quite often lately, does anyone else suffer. Any idea what causes it?

While I'm working, most of the time while I hold my handboard. Wake up at night with it.

I have to relax my arms and shake some blood into them, it's doing my nut in if I'm honest.

Whats a handboard??

Stuart!!!FFs don't start that shite again! I take it your a hawk kinda guy:RpS_sneaky::rolleyes)

you mean the type that calls it by the name its manufactured and sold by:RpS_thumbup:

haha, the hawk - handboard debate was before i joined but i did pick up on it being a touchy subject..............................................

IT'S A HAWK!! :RpS_biggrin:

Could be carpal tunnel syndrome as Fatarm suggested or RSI and as lilharbs suggested get it checked out, get an appointment with a physiotherapist. You have nerves that run down the middle of your palm and they could have a compression injury. A splint that holds your hand straight worn at night (or when not working) might save an operation, but it takes time to heal.

got same as you dannymac,physio says its a traped nerve,somewhere in the arm.best excersise to do is to pull ya fingers back towards ya wrist,the idea is that it stretches the nerve running down the side of the hand.

got same as you dannymac,physio says its a traped nerve,somewhere in the arm.best excersise to do is to pull ya fingers back towards ya wrist,the idea is that it stretches the nerve running down the side of the hand.

and if its carpol tunnel youll only make it worse

Has this once, tingling down the side of my hand and little finger and ring finger. Saw the Chiropractor and never had it since. She did something to my shoulder and elbow, 10 seconds and it was fixed.
worth a shout, most GP's don't advocate chiros or osteopaths.
Good luck.

I reckon its due to the voodoo doll that the other local plasterers have of you cos you keep nicking there jobs so they keep putting pins in your hand board arm ........ Hope this helps ........

could have a cracking wnak though pins and needles the stanger i think they call it

in the tunnel you have 2 nerves one sorts the little finger and the 2 next to it and the other nerves sorts the thumb and the pinky next to it

A mate of mine got the dreaded pins and needles in his left hand, after trying to work out the cause of it, turns out that the handle on his HANDBOARD lol was too thin, he put a wider handle on it and he doesnt get it as often now.
Try that :)

Thanks, I have been looking at those Kraft ones. Dunno if the handles are any bigger though than the MT

My right shoulder,elbow and wrist are F***d . I spoke to a guy the other day who swears by magnetic wrist bands. I have put one on, so will let you know how good or crap they are.

those kraft hawks are really comfy mate i got one a few months ago used to get a really bad ache from the base of my thumb down to my wrist till i swapped to my kraft

My right shoulder,elbow and wrist are F***d . I spoke to a guy the other day who swears by magnetic wrist bands. I have put one on, so will let you know how good or crap they are.

I got one a couple of months back and it works a treat marra..........:RpS_thumbup:

i had simmilar, a mate reckons it was dehydration, so i tried drinking loads of water, and it worked, now when i get it i just go with loads of water for a few days and it goes.May not work for you, may be just a thing fat fukers like me suffer from.

We would all make great doctors eh, some patients get a second opinion,dannymacs had about 30,:RpS_laugh:, i think we all know what it is??........WANKERS CRAMP:-0:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.