• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 29624

http://www.everbuild.co.uk/dryfix

Anyone used this? I was just looking up some prices for some dri-wall adhesive and stumbled on this...not heard of it before and wondered if anyone had an opinion? is it just a gimik...i imagine no mixing would make the job easier.....12 tubes for £70 and says one tube does 5 boards.

Never used it before so cannot comment on this product but, seem to remember an old thread on here about it from a few years back. I have stuck hardie backer board with fire rated foam before and worked well (well it's still there 3 years later)

I used the gun grade ones, they work well on insulated boards then just plug them after the foam cured.

I've used it once. I got it from Atkinsons. It doesn't do five boards more like two boards and you have to watch it. I left mine for half an hour and when I went back the foam had pushed them out and they were no longer flat. Hope this helps.

No chance using that method unless the walls are bang plum etc which 99.9% of times walls are at least half inch to a inch out If ur lucky plus socket walls..wud take longer to do it that way aswell sat down squirting a load of s**t out onto board

I used the gun grade ones, they work well on insulated boards then just plug them after the foam cured.
I can imagine them being ok on foam bk boards as depth is already there for sockets etc with the foam bk boards plus plugged aswell

Thanks. I know that now and I agree. It seemed like a quick fix but actually took longer in the end than drywall adhesive.

It's say plaster walls in an hour.. I dab boards and skim them an hour after all the time [emoji28][emoji28][emoji1] never had a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.