pink gripfill beading

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

goody

Private Member
went to a site the other day that had been half beaded in pink gripfill. Although they hadn't taken much care the beads were stuck like s.hit to a blanket and were nice and tight to the wall. So went and got a load of tubes thinking right then, this is it, have found the ultimate beading gear that's gonna be quick, cheap and generally a joy to use..........
well the stuff goes nowhere if the wall is out slightly and you're working off chalk lines, doesn't hold very well unless it's tight to the wall and a general sound of "this is sheeeeiiiiit" coming out of the scaffold from all who used it. hmm not quite the fit and forget solution I was looking for.......any tips or suggestions fellow beadsters?

were not quite at the stage of using dib and dob ady just yet though lol

we just use render to bead up with which is nice and accurate but is slow and quite messy on sills etc.

i often use grip goody lad. offer the cut beads up first to see where the close contact is and aim to bond this area first sticking by the wings to keep tightness, on really bad walls you may just need one masonry nail where the best wall contact is. any loose fitting sections can then be filled after the bead is on by injecting through a wing hole just so the blob fills the void and contacts the bead and wall. also try small blobs all the way up the inner spine not to heavy to throw the bead out but as regular so the whole bead has support, this will allow for plumbing up also. there will be no shifting the bead after its set and when i got the hang of it i found it much quicker than dabbs.
try again see if you get the hang of it, if not just stick to using your basecoat

thanks man that's a great reply.....I love it when people go into detail so you really get what they're on about. I will indeed persevere with it. Where do you source yours from plasterj economically? cheers

goody said:
thanks man that's a great reply.....I love it when people go into detail so you really get what they're on about. I will indeed persevere with it. Where do you source yours from plasterj economically? cheers

1.60 atube from my supplier but not sure whats down your way. I could guess that direct building supplies will do you the same price if bought by the box but not sure about delivery

How much is hpx a bag, Maite is in the twenties a bag ouch but is way better than mono when we used that before.

No church it pulls them out of shape(PVC). Got to plumb them up with some sort of gear. Unless it's just welsh blockwork that's woeful :)

ok must admit only used pvc a couple times , think i nailed the drips but stuck the angles .

i disagree you would use 1/2 a bag.
@Richard r u paying 12 bucks a bag for sm700 they want £ 21.20 a bag of me. I cant understand why their adhesive is so dear when all the other adhesives i tried are about £12

Status
Not open for further replies.