photos

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

daz1968

just added some new photos to my album four at the top. it is abathroom wall thats seen better days, basicly it is a mixture of wall paper and tiles that have been removed from the wall but the person decided to wall paper and tile straight on to plaster board . i am not sure how to tackle the wall but i need to make it good as it will be tiled and painted any tips lads url is http://photobucket.com/daz1968

P3020042.jpg

P3020043.jpg

P3020045.jpg

P3020046.jpg

daz, on your photobucket site when the photos come up, if you hover over the picture there pops up a little box with the image codes in it...
if you click the one at the bottom that has IMG in it, it copies it direct to your clipboard. You literally just past this into your post and the picture becomes available to the forum server. Its not loaded onto the forum server, but it knows where to look so it can display it on here...

tips...
scrape off anything that isnt plaster...
remove the bog and sink and fit isolating valves (or isolating flexible tap connectors 15mm - 1/2")
remove the scabby old window board
bead the window 4 sides (the bottom bead gives you a nice flat level surface for your tiles)
2 good coats of pva and skim it

refit bog and sink

Yep I am with chris on this one...

I have done rake loads of bathrooms

everything out and and scraped.... I also found that wickes bonding agent is better.

If the walls are really shite once scraped back knock up some bonding nice and wet and put a tight coat over the walls then skim....

Danny

not being horrible mate but your plastering is a bit scabby it should dry all one constant colour have you been doing it long?

ITS TRUE ;D i did say I'm not being horrible though.

Dont realy need to skim any areas that are to be tiled and i wouldnt use bonding in a bathroom if you can help it.
Mo

Status
Not open for further replies.