pft Wales

Members online

church

Hi im looking to buy an mm21 megamixer (240v )from you , but i want it with 160mm neg paddle on it is this something you can do for me ?

11C159B9-D132-4CFD-AF57-30AC37C409C7.gif

When you speak to PFT, please ask them why they think they can charge 30% more than all their competitors, for plastering hand tools. They seem to think they deserve more profit than anyone else, and/or that spreads are too stupid to notice.

When you speak to PFT, please ask them why they think they can charge 30% more than all their competitors, for plastering hand tools. They seem to think they deserve more profit than anyone else, and/or that spreads are too stupid to notice.
All my tools are purchased through pft machine parts and masking I think competitive with second to none customer service

Ditto

I've always found him to be decent and one of the cheaper sellers.

Gear comes proper quick aswell.

He's helpful too.

You don't have to buy your tools from them do you, it's a free market.

That may be so, but I've truly lost count of the number of times I've seen them charging way more than their competitors, for various hand tools.

@ others - I didn't criticise their service; just their pricing.

I'm sure everyone on the forum has their pet peeves about various companies. I just felt like voicing one of mine, on the spur of the moment(y)

That may be so, but I've truly lost count of the number of times I've seen them charging way more than their competitors, for various hand tools.

@ others - I didn't criticise their service; just their pricing.

I'm sure everyone on the forum has their pet peeves about various companies. I just felt like voicing one of mine, on the spur of the moment(y)
Refina gear is as keenly priced as anywhere,
It's got to be said mate John & Ealine pft Scotland run the best service in the business

Refina gear is as keenly priced as anywhere,
It's got to be said mate John & Ealine pft Scotland run the best service in the business
I’ll second that, I had a lk402 compressor off them and it arrived the next day during lockdown I took it to the unit to give it the once over and had a small problem there was a drain valve missing on one of the tanks so the tank would never fill, I only found this out after a call to John, he said he had some in stock and I got it the next day no questions asked

The thing with pft they genuinely have an interest in the plastering\rendering industry. There background is that, there not just salesman, you can speak to them on that level. The amount of times I rang blones at pft wales, when I got my first ritmo.
That's a big thing they're all renderers with hands-on experience with products,
Some companies have none

That's a big thing they're all renderers with hands-on experience with products,
Some companies have none
Yep that's exactly my point, it's the back up and knowledge and certainly in my experience going that extra yard.

It’s business. You don’t have to buy from them.

The thing with pft they genuinely have an interest in the plastering\rendering industry. There background is that, there not just salesman, you can speak to them on that level. The amount of times I rang blones at pft wales, when I got my first ritmo.

I have to agree to a certain extent, hands on knowledge is great, but it still doesn’t give you 100% knowledge on material tolerances and machine functionality etc. Just gives you a sound base from a practical view.

Some of the most knowledgeable people in the rendering industry aren’t or haven’t been applicators.

I remember members of the PFT crew saying we, as a company shouldn’t be allowed to sell machines as we aren’t Renderer’s and running us down - yet one of them bought his first machine from my Father and was trained by him on how to use it...

I no how my ritmo thinks I know what's causing an issue when one occurs how to sort it quick I know what size cap what water setting depending on the material and consistency what speed to spray to give desired thickness, I think this experience is only gained by actually using the machine daily,
I'm mates with my render supplier rep great guy very clever knows all his specs on renders but he doesn't understand and can't give advice on timings on different substrates and how the material performs,
Good salesman though pushed millions of pounds for his firm,
Same with his previous firm that he sold hair care products for and he's f****** bald.

I have to agree to a certain extent, hands on knowledge is great, but it still doesn’t give you 100% knowledge on material tolerances and machine functionality etc. Just gives you a sound base from a practical view.

Some of the most knowledgeable people in the rendering industry aren’t or haven’t been applicators.

I remember members of the PFT crew saying we, as a company shouldn’t be allowed to sell machines as we aren’t Renderer’s and running us down - yet one of them bought his first machine from my Father and was trained by him on how to use it...
I’ll take a practical view all day long...
I agree though to a certain extend a car salesman doesn’t need to have oil on his hands to sell you a car, but I guarantee you, youd shift more render if the guy selling it has been there done it and got the render burns to prove it.

Although Pickford is one of the best reps about, nice fella aswell .

I’ll take a practical view all day long...
I agree though to a certain extend a car salesman doesn’t need to have oil on his hands to sell you a car, but I guarantee you, youd shift more render if the guy selling it has been there done it and got the render burns to prove it.

I can agree again, to a certain extent. But having knowledge is very different from being able to apply, being an applicator doesn’t necessarily bring technical knowledge. I get asked daily by experienced guys what product to use on what substrate and why - this is where the difference is I think.

I’m lucky enough to have been around both machines and render since I started doing what I do which was over twelve years ago - getting old I feel. And my Dad is pretty clued up on materials, compositions and application and definitely so I’m lucky to have learnt a lot from him. I believe you do need an understanding of how materials work etc to be successful in selling them etc, that’s why whenever I can, I get my hands dirty to gain experience from that side, which now isn’t often as I’m stuck in the office all hours.

We have in the past, had ex Renderer’s work for us selling and to be honest, it didn’t work sadly.

Back on the thread also, the PFT Guys are very knowledgeable on their machines and lots of that is through experience also

I no how my ritmo thinks I know what's causing an issue when one occurs how to sort it quick I know what size cap what water setting depending on the material and consistency what speed to spray to give desired thickness, I think this experience is only gained by actually using the machine daily,
I'm mates with my render supplier rep great guy very clever knows all his specs on renders but he doesn't understand and can't give advice on timings on different substrates and how the material performs,
Good salesman though pushed millions of pounds for his firm,
Same with his previous firm that he sold hair care products for and he's f****** bald.
Experience on this is key as you say. I couldn’t agree more. I do feel though, if “selling or recommending” a product, a better understanding is required on tolerances for different substrates and how the materials will perform. This is something that can be understood and learnt quite quickly, but experience is best as you say.

Regarding the machines, once you know them, I feel you know them. I personally haven’t repaired or operated a machine in a couple of months as I have been so busy, but know I could get one on the bench and solve most issues with them pretty quickly. To understand machines and operate them or repair them, I don’t believe you need “site or contracting experience” one of the best German technicians on machines I know has no idea about how to render etc, but is a genius on machines.

Has he got any tips on how to stop me receding? Big changes happening on my lid sadly

And tat resin slated your Dad for years