Pft northern pft wales reviews

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasterjfe

Private Member
After many months researching and looking we finally purchased our pump - the PFT MINIJET TURBO i earlier this year from Grand Wizard as he was than known. Thanks Mate we will look after her.
After a few months we thought it only right to reflect on our experience entering into the machine world.

We took the advise of many wise men and booked a trining session with Les Lord over at PFT Northern. Les went over the pump with a fine tooth comb and ironed out a few minor problems then set about step by step showing us the ropes and best practice of our particular machine, thank god we did, the day was worth its weight in gold (even if I did eat a wasp with my dinner) We have never had any problems worth reporting since afte rfollowing his practices and step by step instruction making the transition into pumping smooth and nice, he explained our machine to us perfectly so the machine is now our bitch and not us, the bitches of the machine. brilliant.
Thanks Les and all at PFT. 10 out of 10 anfd a MUST for anyone wanting to machine up.

PFT wales next up and we decided to learn the roughcasting that you may have seen on youtube where using the pump you can achieve a heavy tyrolean finish by spraying a heavy texture using monocouche with slow D-3-4 R/S on the machine.
So we booked a job half way between liverpool and wales (sorry bloner technically it is half way between just wales is much bigger than liverpool) So we booked our on site training with Ian Jones (blones) nfrom PFT Wales and he came to site and spent the time showing us how to do the roughcasting, Me n MOE finished the job all on our own as we had the knack for the roughcasting after a couple of turns each with the steady guidance of Blones again 10/ out of 10 for service and expertise, PFT have got us set up and running to be fair, no turning back now.

Do you wanna see the finished job blone ~? ?

OK

Wirral5.JPG
BDL Roughcast.jpg

BDL Roughcast 3.jpg

Must admit Me n MOE were considering if to take this on or not

you will not get a more uniformed wetcast than from the pump

We used a 12mm spray cap as the client wanted heavy

BDL Roughcast 6.jpg
BDL Roughcast 7.jpg

Last edited:
Cant seem to upload the hi res pics I will try and get em up later

Anyone looking to get into machine plastering though, PFT will help you out, its a must.

should have come to UK Plastering Machines ......hero to the people friend to the animals ...we're here for all your needs and happy to talk about any problem you may have whether with the machine or just the way your lifes going in general ....even down to marital advice and s*x issues ...we can solve all your problems ....so if your feeling a bit let down by life ...just gives simps a ring and you'll soon realise that life aint so bad after all xxx

should have come to UK Plastering Machines ......hero to the people friend to the animals ...we're here for all your needs and happy to talk about any problem you may have whether with the machine or just the way your lifes going in general ....even down to marital advice and s*x issues ...we can solve all your problems ....so if your feeling a bit let down by life ...just gives simps a ring and you'll soon realise that life aint so bad after all xxx

in all your posts stu it says "just give simps a ring"
and in all simps's posts "just give stu a ring"

who the fack has the phone?:RpS_biggrin:

Anything but dietary requirements

I got a days training with Les but between the training and doing my first independent job I forgot half of it. I was a bit spoilt though, got Pikeyking in to do the first job and Andy66 for the next 3. My other spread was more into the machine than me so now I have some catching up to do in case he scarpers.

For anyone thinking of getting a machine or needing training then you won't get better than PFT Northern, Blones, Stu & Simps depending whereabouts in the Country you are. I am only 16 miles from Les Lord so not so much a hike for me. Also if you get training form these guys they are only a phone call away if you have a problem. Les and Stu has helped me get out of a jam.

If any of you lads are doing any roughcasting jobs with a machine I would like to have a gander if it's ok. There is a posh estate near me what's had it done and it looks superb whoever did it.

That job looks really neat John, well done! And Blones for the training. Any chance of a photo for my website?

My machines a PFT Monojet bought off PFTmonojetman. Serviced by L&D and in good nick for a 97 model.

looks nice that...a good dash alternative these days. did you spray wet on wet with a base/mesh in morn and texture in afternoon or all base first.....ie what worked practically for ya?

looks nice that...a good dash alternative these days. did you spray wet on wet with a base/mesh in morn and texture in afternoon or all base first.....ie what worked practically for ya?

did a larger area one day and cast it the following morning, the rest was done morning/afternoon on the same day, still drying out on some pics

just a bump on this thread;

We had some more PFT Northern service today, on the job we had a some issues with people cutting off our water supply to fill the kettle (yep - sparks) anyway between that and having the pump to far of the barrel and it getting choked full of air with the on/off water situation we developed a water pressure switch issue where the flow was intermittent and jumping on and off, high and low.
Phoned Les Lord up.......ring ring.......Hello etc...
Les identified it after asking a few policeman like questions, he was then then able to talk us through a fix over the phone and hey presto - step by step instructions followed and the pump is humming again, cost = nothing

Ta Les

Last time I spoke to him I suggested he gets one of them phone lines where he earns a quid a minute lol

Last edited:
just a bump on this thread;

We had some more PFT Northern service today, on the job we had a some issues with people cutting off our water supply to fill the kettle (yep - sparks) anyway between that and having the pump to far of the barrel and it getting choked full of air with the on/off water situation we developed a water pressure switch issue where the flow was intermittent and jumping on and off, high and low.
Phoned Les Lord up.......ring ring.......Hello etc...
Les identified it after asking a few policeman like questions, he was then then able to talk us through a fix over the phone and hey presto - step by step instructions followed and the pump is humming again, cost = nothing

Ta Les

Don't you use a barrel John?

Don't you use a barrel John?

yes mate we have the water pump connected betweeen the barrel and the machine but our pump as we just found out of the lord is more a pushing pump not a pulling pump so it needs to be close to the barrel 3m or less say.
the first problem we had was - the water supply on site is running from 100m away via a hose pipe it fills our barrel constantly as we have a ball cock from a bog in the barrel so it auto fills and cuts out to prevent overflow, but were spraying up 5 lifts on a big nursing home and the barrel runs out quickly if the sparks have cut your hose pipe off at the source (wich is out of view)

we will never let it happen again, I will only us the barrel in view so i can see if its not filling for any reason, you tend to relax a bit because you think you have the ball cock you can just walk away from the barrel and it will just keep filling but you cant protect yourself against other trades. I might have a bck up barrel in future on standby so we can bucket it across if need be

**** me he must get a few phone calls fair play

its the first time we have had an issue that stopped the pump since we bought it but like he says its not the pump that failed, the fact he can sort these things on the blower is great, saves a trip and a few quid.

make up a sign and secure it to the tap saying not to turn off in any circumstance

We had a sign on Rich we always do. One thing about the sites there is always a c**t who dont give a f+ck about anyone or anything except for their brew/kettle at bang on the clock to the second, Every site has at least one its just life

We had a sign on Rich we always do. One thing about the sites there is always a c**t who dont give a f+ck about anyone or anything except for their brew/kettle at bang on the clock to the second, Every site has at least one its just life

If these ignorant w**k*r$ just filled their kettle and then turned it back on no one would mind, but no they have to **** us up. Even without a machine I've had my barrel syphoned out many a time losing me valuable time :RpS_cursing:

put a lockable box over it, something like this: cut a hole out of the bottom for the hose and lock the fvcker :RpS_thumbup:

MalagaEBK13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.