pft g5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I know I feel like a wimp the hoses are mega heavy I almost got pulled over the edge of the scaffold, the wind blows the render everywhere, even blootered the slates lol, it's not away it's onsite.

How do you mean a lever mate a lever to stop the air flow I have one of them. I really need the long lance but won't manage to get it in till I have done another 250m2. Won't give up just yet. The other squad are wicked at using there g4 they can get 200 m2 on then go back and wetdash it and then rub all their window bands. It's shocking to be honest makes us look well bad. We have 3 guys and they have 2 bears about 18 stone each. Spray with one hand once there finished ruling it it looks like a smooth render.

go help them for a couple of days
1, it will convince you you are on the right track
2, you will learn some stuff

Wish I had time to go through to falkirk, will finish it by hand and then give the squad a visit next week and spend a day or 2 helping them and learning the proper way it should be done, tell me pft Wales do you spray your bands and panels at the same time then dash the panels and then rub the bands up. Under the facia boards had a 3" dash strip above the bands with veep vents every 900mm. I basecoated it with the machine and blistered the beads, vents, had to spend 6 hours cleaning it up after a 2 hour spray

Ah that sounds good. Does that stop the sausages every time I turn air off. Not that I do it much just at end of lifts and when the hoses get caught on scaffold

Do I put the rota and stata together before I fit them to the machine guys. I'm going to put the green one on now. Half the speed of the one that's on. Gotta be worth a try

In all honesty mate your going to be wasting more time and effort try to Work it out. Get down to Falkirk for a day or two and you won't look back

Wish I had time to go through to falkirk, will finish it by hand and then give the squad a visit next week and spend a day or 2 helping them and learning the proper way it should be done, tell me pft Wales do you spray your bands and panels at the same time then dash the panels and then rub the bands up. Under the facia boards had a 3" dash strip above the bands with veep vents every 900mm. I basecoated it with the machine and blistered the beads, vents, had to spend 6 hours cleaning it up after a 2 hour spray

id have to see the job. It sounds like you have flat band around windows etc and roughcast overall. if possible i would spray a 1st pass over the lot, spray my bands and reveals on, change the pump and spray the roughcast. the overspray on the bands would be no problem as i would just scrape it back the following morning

Will do mate I will phone jc as soon as this blocks done I wish I had time just to go. The main contractors pushing like mad to get the block done, the houses are sold. Bastards have just added in 100m2 of wall. With bloody bands around all the gas and electric boxes. A real pain in the ass

This is a single house we are on a 3 in a row all joined together. Bands get painted after we finish.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-21-17-50-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-21-17-50-13.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 316
all thought i would pop on for a nosey!!!
looks like i should visit more often, might be too late for this posting
noticed a few mentions of my name and would if I can comment
there is nothing wrong with the machine, the guy who used it before well looked after it, so much so that I wrote on the health check that it was one of the best condition machines i had ever worked on

it all looks like we are trying to make it up as we go along
and also clear that the lads have never used one before, and looking for snippets via the forum
i did visit site and advise a few pointers and did I answer a few calls and pointed them in the right direction
question is, why does the company not put one of their trained guys up to show how to use or better still ask me to do some training

you are correct the other guys are doing 200m a day every day on the other site with both G4S and G5S
without a hiccup

the site is a muck hole and does not add to it, and the H&S on this one is way over the top, also not helping the situation, and yes beads and bands everywhere

the funny thing is, I visit the aberdeen area every other week, so can quite easily pop into site if needed,
i pass by both ways

All down to money john, Graham doesn't have a big company now. Mik isn't there anymore as he was the one who ran the machine. We done that block by hand in the end, the health and safety was nuts with the double handrails having to stay in. We walked away after that, they can keep the site, to much work not enough pay, going to invest in our own machine soon so will bell you when we have some readies and get trained up etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.