Pft G5 vs mtec duo-mix

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergal

Has anyone owned both or used them at one stage or another? I've only ever know Pft and don't no any mtec users, was watching vids on YouTube about there double mixing system does this help get more out of r/s? Also with a bigger motor rather that a star wheel I'd imagine you'd need a 18/20 kva gen

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Hi Fergal :)

Do your research buddy :) Lots to choose and decisions if oyu can try and hire one for the day or so to see if you liek it and its suitable :)

I am sure @Plasterers1StopShop and @PFTofficial or @officialPFT will be around to answer anymore questions and maybe sort out demo days....

Also on the Knauf trip that we are organising you will get to see an Mtec spraying MP finish... @Runswithscissors can clarify this and if @CurrierPlastering comes along he may bring his ritmo :)

Thats about as much help as I can offer :)

Good Luck

Danny

Last edited:
Has anyone owned both or used them at one stage or another? I've only ever know Pft and don't no any mtec users, was watching vids on YouTube about there double mixing system does this help get more out of r/s? Also with a bigger motor rather that a star wheel I'd imagine you'd need a 18/20 kva gen

Hi Fergal,

M-tec are very proud of their mixing technology, it is something they really do excel in. The Duo-mix will require a larger generator - 18KvA. It has a variable speed, a greater pumping distance than the G5 and down to the mixing quality you will get more meter-age out of a Rotor and Stator.

The Duo-Mix is a very expensive machine, we do have some available second hand if that's of interest?

We would recommend looking at the M300, this machine has an output of 23l, the same mix quality as the Duo-Mix but only requires a small Generator (minimum 12 KvA). The cleaning down time of the M300 is also extremly quick as is the set-up.

If you need anymore information on either M-tec machines, please do not hesitate to get in touch

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, do you know how many pallets you get out of a mtec r/s

With the Duo-mix you would use the same R/S as you would on a G5. Our D,6-3 P1's are averaging around the 10+ Pallet mark. So you should get slightly more when using the Duo-Mix

On the M300, they last ages, we have guys getting 20+ pallets regularly.

This is all dependent on hose many hoses your using, back bar pressure and material though

Am going on the knauf day out. I'd like to see the ritmo spraying mpfinish

I'm back to doing the full day and can bring my Ritmo if you want. @knauf why you guys demoing with a mtec? Surely as a knauf owned company it would make sense to use a PFT machine. Plus the Ritmo is a much more robust machine a lot more people would be interested in coming if they could see it spraying the wide range of materials you guys make.

To only show mp finish being applied is a bit of a wasted opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Currier

I think that we have several machines within the company - Mtec, PFT and airless machines - I just know that the one that stays in the training school is the Mtec.....

Not 100% sure which instructors will be at the demo day - so there may well be a PFT machine there anyway......

BTW - I'm not involved in the organising of this event, just a conduit on here..... lol

As a note of interest to anyone interested.

The buffs at PFT iphofen have carried out a study on any known brands of rotor and stator. I think I'm correct in saying it took over a year to gather all the info. There has never been a study of this kind to date. Anyway they discovered that their original rotors and stators outlasted any competitors due to the quality of the rubber used and the chrome in the stators.
They then took the new info from the study,developed and have now started introducing the new blend of rubber to their 6-3 twisters and claim they will outlast the previous twister by 30%. They will in time introduce the new rubber into the whole range and they are also introducing a D6-3 smart which is a cheaper option but will not have the new rubber.

Myself i only use PFT rotors and stators and will achieve about 20-25 pallets from a d4-2 or d 6-3 clampable. usually using render with 15 mts of hose. From discussions with my customers they agree to getting the same. The twisters are lasting a bit less but usually 18-25 pallets.

Also on another note i have put 40+ ton through my b4-2 clampable pump on my ritmo L using renders and screeds.

As a note of interest to anyone interested.

The buffs at PFT iphofen have carried out a study on any known brands of rotor and stator. I think I'm correct in saying it took over a year to gather all the info. There has never been a study of this kind to date. Anyway they discovered that their original rotors and stators outlasted any competitors due to the quality of the rubber used and the chrome in the stators.
They then took the new info from the study,developed and have now started introducing the new blend of rubber to their 6-3 twisters and claim they will outlast the previous twister by 30%. They will in time introduce the new rubber into the whole range and they are also introducing a D6-3 smart which is a cheaper option but will not have the new rubber.

Myself i only use PFT rotors and stators and will achieve about 20-25 pallets from a d4-2 or d 6-3 clampable. usually using render with 15 mts of hose. From discussions with my customers they agree to getting the same. The twisters are lasting a bit less but usually 18-25 pallets.

Also on another note i have put 40+ ton through my b4-2 clampable pump on my ritmo L using renders and screeds.

How do u no when u need a new one

18 - 25 pallets with a D,6-3 Twister......?

Pumping MP75, yes. Renders - that is very hard to believe.

I'm sure many experienced machine guys will also struggle to find that an accurate statement.

Our D,6-3 P1's have been tested against the original twisters and many of our customers have completely changed over and swear by them

Do u no how long u would get out of the m100 spraying mpfinish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 436
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 477
How do u no when u need a new one
You do a Tap test. You put a tap with a pressure guage on the material outlet. close the tap and turn the machine on so it pumps water to the tap and then turn the machine off. The water trapped will give you a pressure reading based on the amount of water able to escape back up the rotor and stator. the more worn it becomes the less water will hold showing a lower reading on your guage. If it holds less than 12 bar it is time to change.

Tap testing a rotor and stator will help you avoid being in the situation where you are trying to earn money and the mix is fluctuating which can be very messy with unnecessary waste.

Also if you tap test after each spray then you have time to make arrangement for a new rotor/stator to be installed before you even put material in. If using a conveying only pump like yours clemo i would say it needs to hold about 6-8 bar.

Thanks for all the info. Do u no how long u get out of the ritmo rotor and stator spraying mpfinish

18 - 25 pallets with a D,6-3 Twister......?

Pumping MP75, yes. Renders - that is very hard to believe.

I'm sure many experienced machine guys will also struggle to find that an accurate statement.

Our D,6-3 P1's have been tested against the original twisters and many of our customers have completely changed over and swear by them

Plasters like MP75 and hardwall will wear a pump down more rapidly than renders which use much less water. I am not claiming anything that isn't already common knowledge. a search the forum should give you that info. I am aware because i speak to the customers i sell them to and also use them myself. Most also use the machines like we show them at the PFT training and use 15 mts of material hose most of the time running the material at 15 bar preferring to move the machine closer to where they are spraying. When they put more hose on or run stiffer mixes they notice the lifespan decreases. 1 Customer runs 15 mts at 25 bar and regularly buys twisters. his boys are self taught and stuck in their ways. he gets about 10 ton a twister

I am genuinely in shock at what I have just read!

MP75 is a fine milled powder which has no aggregate, it is well known that a R/S last thousands of sq meters when using these materials.

Renders are far more hard wearing than plaster so will reduce the lifespan on a R/S more rapidly. Less water? Water is not a lubricant and will also wear down the R/S so that doesn't really have a massive bearing...

As PFT Germany state and teach, which I can remember from when I went to Iphofen and when we had had members of the PFT technical team visit us, self taught or not. You should run your machine at 1 bar pressure to one m of Hose. Anything more will reduce the lifespan on a R/S and will cause unnecessary wear and tear on your machine

When I put water in the hopper it leaks out at the end of the r/s. But I was able to spray 45 bags of mpfinish a few weeks ago with no problem. How is this

Depends on the positioning of the R/S, sometimes water will go through. It will still work on your conveying machine, your output will be decreased though

I am genuinely in shock at what I have just read!

MP75 is a fine milled powder which has no aggregate, it is well known that a R/S last thousands of sq meters when using these materials.

Renders are far more hard wearing than plaster so will reduce the lifespan on a R/S more rapidly. Less water? Water is not a lubricant and will also wear down the R/S so that doesn't really have a massive bearing...

As PFT Germany state and teach, which I can remember from when I went to Iphofen and when we had had members of the PFT technical team visit us, self taught or not. You should run your machine at 1 bar pressure to one m of Hose. Anything more will reduce the lifespan on a R/S and will cause unnecessary wear and tear on your machine

Eg using a ritmo mixing pump. Hardwall Set your clampable stator to 6 bar and try pumping plaster 15 mts. the mix will vary wet and dry. Try pumping render and it will do it no problem. Now tighten up the stator to hold 12-15 bar and try pumping plaster and it will work fine. The stator is hugging the rotor closer so therefore will wear out sooner hower it will not pump correctly below the 12-15 bar.

Ask here on the forum if that is correct

I'm back to doing the full day and can bring my Ritmo if you want. @knauf why you guys demoing with a mtec? Surely as a knauf owned company it would make sense to use a PFT machine. Plus the Ritmo is a much more robust machine a lot more people would be interested in coming if they could see it spraying the wide range of materials you guys make.

To only show mp finish being applied is a bit of a wasted opportunity.

Id like to see it. I like the look of the ritmo I'd like to see the skim set up. Did u have to change the r/s yet on the skim setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.