pet hates

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

whats yours on a job?i has to be going to someones house and getting asked to do the odd little patch here and there and not even get offered a cuppa for your troubles :mad:

Laying dust sheets :mad:
Roasting hot houses :mad:
Doing wee patches in every room in the house :mad:
Pricing jobs ;D

Domestic job on Sunday when they are cooking sunday dinner, yeah I am a fat git before you go there LOL

Being told by the plumber that its all good for you to start and then you turn up and no bloody electric and when you ask him for water he looks at you like a prick!!

lol

Danny

People not clearing a room before you get there.
People who watch programs like 'Changing Rooms' and expect they are experts at running a job in an old house they have bought to do up. Meaning the painter, joiner, plumber and spark are there the same time as you. And not understanding when you walk out the door and tell them to phone you when they are actually ready for you.
People who are shocked at your price and were expecting to pay around £30 for plastering a ceiling! ;D

people watching you behind your back for long periods and asking silly questions like(how do you get it smooth? or how do you know how much to put on? )  :mad: :mad:

thats funny actually cause i had one of those today. Literally watched me from start to finish, skimming artex ceiling and was talking to me whole time. I turned radio up - no joy! Tried to flick water in their direction when wet trowelling - no joy! At least customer enjoyed me being there i suppose and was happy with job! Would prefer that than some of the know it all types you get out there!
Agree about people being shocked at price sometimes! Must think i do this for a hobby or community service! 'Surely people dont do this for a living nowadays'... lol

lol,

I had some one say they wanted to learn and if i minded them watching I said no but there will be a training charge... he laughed .....and when he paid up for the kitchen he actually give me £30 for "showing him the ropes"...lol

Danny

I spoke to a plumber that I do a lot bathrooms for, he was moaning that I didnt get it perfect behind the sink pipes.....

and

That around the light fitting that I lowered had a few missis in.... he asked me why I didnt turn the power off.... I reminded him that I do his bathrooms in the evening and at 9 at night there is not quite enough natural light to Skim a ceiling with the power off.

Danny

I spoke to a plumber that I do a lot bathrooms for, he was moaning that I didnt get it perfect behind the sink pipes.....

and

That around the light fitting that I lowered had a few missis in.... he asked me why I didnt turn the power off.... I reminded him that I do his bathrooms in the evening and at 9 at night there is not quite enough natural light to Skim a ceiling with the power off.

Danny

Is that like when you're up a ladder trowelling in a ceiling and the plasterer you're with turns the electric off?
Hmmm that was fun!

and

Danny

Is that like when you're up a ladder trowelling in a ceiling and the plasterer you're with turns the electric off?
Hmmm that was fun!
anyone in particular ;)

i hate electritions  ;D

hate it when the rooms not clear and your expected to get round lots of crap and it slows you down preventing you to complete the job in the time you have aloud.

could go on forever lol.

hate putting dust sheets down, hate cleaning up afterwards.

the job im on at the mo is great, i get tea all day, food, and the bloke even cleans my buckets out for me ready for the next day, oh and gets water and they clean up afterwards also.

wish all jobs were like that lol.

and

Danny

Hmmm that was fun!
anyone in particular ;)

Danny!
Shouldn't moan as he only turned up to do two ceilings for me and ended up staying for 16 hours.
How we laughed!

I had to skim round by a saniflow today, they always smell like s@*t! I hate plastering in bathrooms and toilets that have already been fitted out!

What about customers who decide that its a good idea to re skim kitchen or bathroom straight AFTER having brand new fixtures and fittings installed! ::) ::)

small pre school children running round yer ankles, hacking into a brand new wall with your best skimming trowel singing 'bob the builder' and asking 'wot yer doin' over and over again till u feel like knockin em up with the next mix... :mad:

Weather!! is one that does my head in, for some reason it seems to know when you only got outside rendering.
Nicks in your trowel!!! because some one else prepared the walls for you and didnt take out all the nails, or the takkers dont screw there screws in :mad:
And why is it that small builders employ idiots that cant pva walls properly? I seem to get this alot lately, Builders think it saves them money by preparing the jobs for you with beads not lining up and bonded chases poorly done. I could go on for ages on this subject but will leave it there.

small pre school children running round yer ankles, hacking into a brand new wall with your best skimming trowel singing 'bob the builder' and asking 'wot yer doin' over and over again till u feel like knockin em up with the next mix... :mad:

On the other hand, once they start school they can be quite useful. My two little'uns have taken it upon themselves to broadcast to everyone at the local primary that I'm a plasterer. I've had a fair few jobs come my way since they started.

I even do the school run when I'm having a quiet patch to try and drum up a bit of business.

Still, in hindsight, it might have been a bit excessive sending my kids to school wearing sandwich boards  :eek:  

My woman would never let me near the school run!!
too many single mums ::)

i always take the rads off if they havent done it already...and charge em for it...no problem
same with light switches / roses etc..
as for windows....
i just wish theyd make thincoat beads a bit THINNER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.