Permashape trowel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhc

I've been told to get a marshalltown trowel, one that has already been 'worn in'. I found one at b&q and noticed there are lots of scratches around the middle of the trowel where the rivets are. Is this part of the 'worn in' process? I was just worried incase these scratches would effect the finish of the plaster as they are quite rough. Thought i'd get advice before parting with £50.

Cheers

I've been told to get a marshalltown trowel, one that has already been 'worn in'. I found one at b&q and noticed there are lots of scratches around the middle of the trowel where the rivets are. Is this part of the 'worn in' process? I was just worried incase these scratches would effect the finish of the plaster as they are quite rough. Thought i'd get advice before parting with £50.

Cheers

Who told you?

Marshalltown are a great trowel,I wouldn't buy one with scratches though unless it was discounted , sand and cement work would sort it out anyway I'd say,only damage to the edges would affect the finish ,taking for granted
that it's not warped

Cheers

get yourself a Nela :RpS_thumbsup:

Ye the Scratches down the middle are on them doesn't affect it in any way. I've always used marshal town permashape can't go wrong. Can't comment on the nela trowels as I've never used one but the lads seem to like them! Good luck buddy!

T the scratches are from where the rivets have been ground off, and part of the manufacturing process rather then a defect.
That said I would buy silverline as they shout qualiteee

Thanks for feedback! I'll check some nela trowels out. built a little wall in my garage so going to practice on that for a while.

I wouldnt waste ur 50 notes on trowel if ur still nit at the level where you use the edges. Lol
All the best with ur tamping tho :)

T the scratches are from where the rivets have been ground off, and part of the manufacturing process rather then a defect.
That said I would buy silverline as they shout qualiteee
not sure he can afford one of them scottie

Ragni's are brilliant, I've used mine for chopping snots off the wall, scraping floors and everything. Still gave a lovely finish :)

newt wrong with a silver handle 11" stainless steel ragni...tbh cant think of a better size and balanced trowel to learn with imo:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.