per metre rates

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffalo

been doing mainly private work for many a year. have had chance to get into some commercial work for a building company have been asked for sq/m rates. any you guys in your wisdom give me some pointers with out ripping the henrys out of it, trying to get the jobs.

plasterjfe said:
the piece of string question
i know its bit of lottery some of prices i heard i wondered how it could be done. if there was enough work about would stick to private.

build up your own rates as any proffessional company would - work out your labour and material costs then simply add the proffit margin you want or if its you doing the work just work out your costs (mats/overheads) into a sq metre unit rate then add your wage rate to your costs rate

plasterjfe said:
build up your own rates as any proffessional company would - work out your labour and material costs then simply add the proffit margin you want or if its you doing the work just work out your costs (mats/overheads) into a sq metre unit rate then add your wage rate to your costs rate
i know what your saying been pricing for many a year , have heard many squads just rime off sand/cement prices, skim only,etc, etc was trying to gauge a fair price, as some of the fiqures? seem to be tight to do the jobs. thanks for getting back

In bedford area there going in at 3.50 supply and fix on skim, braddons pay 2.40m2 labour only and take retension. somerset, your get around 2.60 labour only but some people on here seem to think they can get 5.00 labour only but there be the ones sat at home. Yes you will get that on a one off job or small extension but on larger runs of work then the above rates are what people are paying .

simplybesty said:
In bedford area there going in at 3.50 supply and fix on skim, braddons pay 2.40m2 labour only and take retension. somerset, your get around 2.60 labour only but some people on here seem to think they can get 5.00 labour only but there be the ones sat at home. Yes you will get that on a one off job or small extension but on larger runs of work then the above rates are what people are paying .

i get £5 labour and im working 7 days a week :)

grand wizard said:
i remember you saying you would not work for 2.50 m2 dont times change

grand, im not working for that but the amount of work that we have , we had to take the whole contract not just the mp but were not bothered becuase we knew we would find lads to do the job for the rate we wanted to pay. Im not talking about rates for a little couple of houses. One job i priced at £9m2 hardwall and set we didnt get because i was expensive, my price was 49k just for the hardwall and set , then there was over 3000m2 of skim so i know what the market is paying and its the rates quoted

nick0412 said:
simplybesty said:

Nick, your doing the crap nobody else wants and you have to work 7 days of the week to pay you phone bill and our invoice when i send it for calling monkey 20 times a day 7 days a week.

simplybesty said:
nick0412 said:
simplybesty said:

Nick, your doing the crap nobody else wants and you have to work 7 days of the week to pay you phone bill and our invoice when i send it for calling monkey 20 times a day 7 days a week.

yes m8 i do some small stuff, but also doing 600m skim 200m render and set house, plus tacking floors coving and outside. and starting a job in a coulple of weeks over 400m render and set. have 14 jobs to do in total. all at good rates. booked in till june.im sure some people would want to do my crap.

although as u say my phonebill is pretty costly. :) ur help is always appreciated. maybe i could have ur number to give monkey a break? :-*

simplybesty said:
grand wizard said:
i remember you saying you would not work for 2.50 m2 dont times change

grand, im not working for that but the amount of work that we have , we had to take the whole contract not just the mp but were not bothered becuase we knew we would find lads to do the job for the rate we wanted to pay. Im not talking about rates for a little couple of houses. One job i priced at £9m2 hardwall and set we didnt get because i was expensive, my price was 49k just for the hardwall and set , then there was over 3000m2 of skim so i know what the market is paying and its the rates quoted
your still a tight c**t

Status
Not open for further replies.