Peeling paint

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkish

Hi all,

I`ve done plenty of jobs for friends without problems but recently had the same problem occur twice.

I`ve skimmed over a painted ceiling and a painted wall. PVA`d as per instructions beforehand (5:1, 1:3 water/pva). After the first coat has been applied the paint has bubbled up in places and then it peels off with the plaster attached in sheets! The paint wasn`t flaky or loose prior to plastering.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Plastered over painted surfaces plenty of times without problems.

many thanks

Turkish:RpS_crying:

Funnily enough I've had this today with a textured paint checked it before I pva,d it and the lot came off! they probably painted over an old white wash or distemper in the past ,you should tape test paint if you are unsure bud:RpS_thumbup:

Funnily enough I've had this today with a textured paint checked it before I pva,d it and the lot came off! they probably painted over an old white wash or distemper in the past ,you should tape test paint if you are unsure bud:RpS_thumbup:

Yeah good idea.....one was an old ceiling but the other one (a wall) was in a fairly new house! Couldn`t understand it??

Distemper on ceiling . newish house- paint not got into original plaster as no diluted first coat applied . Probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.