Pebble Dashing and Expansion joints

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freerider

Got a big old wall to dash in a couple of weeks, but may not be able to do in one hit, can you get away with expansion joints? (will it be all that noticable)

Cheers!

The way to piece up pebble dashing is to cut the render back like a saw blade shape, zig zag, but i have never seen it done so as you cant see the join,

I dont see how that wouldnt still be noticable though just cut into a zigzag? best off trying expansion joints! cheers guys

i find as steve says the bigger the hit the more help u need u only get one chance with dashing it looks right or wrong theres no in between

Freerider_2009 said:
I dont see how that wouldnt still be noticable though just cut into a zigzag? best off trying expansion joints! cheers guys
thats what im saying ive never seen it done so that you cant see the joint. But thats what they reckon how you piece up dash, i know it dosnt answer your question just my two penneth thats all ;D

wickes waterproofer retarder will help with large areas 1 mc dees coffee cup to 10 litres of water

Cheers for all the ideas, Ill run it passed the other spread see what he reckons (his job not mine you see)

How big is this wall that you're concerned about it if there are two spreads doing it? With dashing it's all about being organised, spend an hour or so in the mourning getting each lift loaded with stones in advance and be setup to catch and clean the dropped stones and you should be able to cope easily with large areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.