pebble dash....

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbiboy1970

has anyone used ready mix mortar with retarder for the top coat prior to dashing ....i would prefer to mix maually but my gaffer thinks other wise.... .not done any pebble dash for a while....thanks in advance for any advice ....

Use waterproofer in scratch coat and only use plastering sand. Top coat, put 1 shovelfull of building sand in mixer load, anymore and mix integrity will be compromised. Damped stones and definitely get a dashing paddle. Lay on about 15mm depth and Don't throw stones to hard in as this will result in slump. Don't dash to the edge of laying on leave 300 or so to lay on into last section.

has anyone used ready mix mortar with retarder for the top coat prior to dashing ....i would prefer to mix maually but my gaffer thinks other wise.... .not done any pebble dash for a while....thanks in advance for any advice ....

we have never used ready mix as a buttercoat for stone dash, but i think it would work well as long as the finished work is well protected from the weather.

we floated 3 houses out with ready mix mortar, one per day, and you could still devil up the first house

Use waterproofer in scratch coat and only use plastering sand. Top coat, put 1 shovelfull of building sand in mixer load, anymore and mix integrity will be compromised. Damped stones and definitely get a dashing paddle. Lay on about 15mm depth and Don't throw stones to hard in as this will result in slump. Don't dash to the edge of laying on leave 300 or so to lay on into last section.

Lay on 15 mm then dash onto that ? No wonder you would get slumping ...

sniff of the barmaids apron and im a social hand grenade...............may be just meet up for a latte and a slice of carrot cake

Status
Not open for further replies.