pebble dash mixes

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

plast010580

Hello,

Having my first attempt at pebble dashing and could use some expert advice.

What mix do you guys use for pebble dashing base coat and top coat.

Is the scratch coat 2-2-1 (plastering sand, sharpe sand, cement) and the top 5-1 (plastering - Cement)

This pebble dashing isnt going to be painted so need to get the colour the same throughout. Any tips would be appreciated.

Also could you tell me the correct order for top coat i.e lay it on, rule level???, float , throw stones)

How soon do you guys throw the stones in ??

Many thanks for your help.

i wouldent even doe it this time ov year to doe it properly u need 2 kill the suction in the top coat this time ov year frezzez looks like its gone of thours out & the iot drops off because ov the waight :-0

takes years of practice to get it right.to always keep wet edges, avoiding ball spots etc.id personaly leave it to someone who knows what they are doing unless its a small area.
if it aint done bang on it looks terrible.depends on size of area as previously said your chancing your arm doing it at this time of year if its a decent area,did a job with warrior up north recently and that will be my last until at least march time.

takes years of practice to get it right.to always keep wet edges, avoiding ball spots etc.id personaly leave it to someone who knows what they are doing unless its a small area.
if it aint done bang on it looks terrible.depends on size of area as previously said your chancing your arm doing it at this time of year if its a decent area,did a job with warrior up north recently and that will be my last until at least march time.

somebody else whow nows what there talkin about:RpS_thumbup: come agatn:RpS_laugh:

sorry BALD spots, just areas where the spa doesnt make proper contact with the wall and/or bounces off because of the render drying to quickly,so it dries patchy might not look so bad when your renders green and just been laid on but it looks a right dogs dinner when it dries

Think hes talking about wet dashing ,if so use white cement to keep the colour the same , if not just gauge your mixes with buckets.

Thanks for the replies fellas

But im not taking this task on alone. I am working with an experienced spread. just trying to gather a bit more info before I start.

As I understand we are dashing using 10-15mm stones. And the problem I had in the past is the sand-cement drying to light.

I understand this isnt the best time of year to be doing this but needs must!!!

thanks again

oh are you on about wet dashing,as said just guage it out in buckets to get the colour the same.
10-15mm spa?thats a big grade.

very big dashing stone?
say if u had a bulk bag or a lot of small bags... pour them onto a sheet of ply and add some water and with a shovel mix around... for the mix 3 sand 1 cement as if the mix is too sandy will dry and fall off. needs to a strong mix
apply render to wall and then using a dashing trowel from a small bucket start to dash wall

Thank F***k for that Rich, plus a decent scaffold helps, hate it workin off the top of an old fridge balanced on top of and old table on top of a tower scaff :RpS_crying:

Me old mate was a bit short on the top lift to reach the peak - he ended up using a kid's banana slide:-0:RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.