patio on sand

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rycarr

I've done a bit of general building in the past a few patio's with cement base have been asked to relay a patio but she only wants in laid on sand so as to keep the cost down I've never done this and not sure whether to do the job I just don't see how it will last any tips on how to do this I could level it all up using the sand but what bout the edges here's a pic
10421245_10202411068058126_5099735131056206811_n.jpg

If the base is pretty sound you can screed the sand and bed them on that this page explains it better then I will on here: http://www.pavingexpert.com/layflag1.htm Looking at how that is in an area that appears pretty low traffic it could do with compacted hardcore sub base anyway.
You will need an edge like you said though if she doesn't want an actual edge I'd steer her towards wet bedding the lot.
Always seem to get jobs like that for mates on weekends! "Got a few slabs that need relaying"

If your gonna lay on sand only you are gonna have to use pin kerbs to stop the sand washing away when it rains and you will have to be mindful of down pipes etc if it is a case of cost saving a wet mortar bed to lay them on in the long run is the most cost effective way to re-lay them cos the cement for that area will be cheaper than pin kerbs. If they are gonna put a motor on there then you want to dig out and put 900m of sub base in there compacted every 75mm ish with a whacker plate. Oh and just in case, you want a good solid bed of mortar under them and none of this dot in each corner and one in the middle sheite :RpS_thumbup:

Tell her to fcuk of and pay for a proper job what do you want to get involved in that for

How much for cement ffs.! Are you just re laying those slabs?

Looks like shes been collecting them for years:rolleyes)...pick n mix.

:RpS_laugh: About £15 worth of cement, just don't tell her and price it in anyhow - go on, you know you want to :RpS_sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.