parex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gipser

we have about 30 bags of monorex to hand apply tomorrow
i cant decide wheather to get it on first thing and scrape back late afternoon , or get it on in afternoon and scrape back the following day
(its forcasted highs of 15 degrees)
cheers

parex is a quick setting render....works with you in summer, against you a bit in winter.

we had it on for about 12 and scraped back for 7, bottom half hung a little
i think it will be next day scrapes from now on

wwwplasterkingcouk said:
30 bags 12 o clock what time did you start 11.30 ???
no we started putting on about 8.30 its a private house with a lot of detail and was awkward to scaffold, it ended up taking 33 bags about 40 m2..not a right lot but as i said it was awkard
...next time i'll get you on board "plasterking" ....would i be right in saying that you served your time with goldtrowel??

gipser said:
wwwplasterkingcouk said:
30 bags 12 o clock what time did you start 11.30 ???
no we started putting on about 8.30 its a private house with a lot of detail and was awkward to scaffold, it ended up taking 33 bags about 40 m2..not a right lot but as i said it was awkard
...next time i'll get you on board "plasterking" ....would i be right in saying that you served your time with goldtrowel??

2 be fair just had a look at his web site works looks nice and he has his own forum? so if u p*iss him off he will play in his own garden!

wasnt having a go just you need to be getting it on a lot faster than that or your gonna end up with problems when rubbing back getting hallos and ghost marks set your stall up get a bath and knock all the gear up so your not waiting for gear and its all going off at different times you can always knock it up again in bath as for goldtrowell ???? eh no never been there i was member of there forum ? and yes i use machine .@ goody what do you mean parex is quick setting render ????

no worries plasterking...just lookedlike you having a bit of a dig lol,
id like to see anyone hand applying it any quicker than what we did taking into account the awkwardness of it
mcplaster your right it is a pain to put on by hand, is there any other mono out there a bit easier to hand apply but of the same quality as parex?

Parex aint one of the fast setting renders but weber is. If we ever put on by hand then parex is fine, i hate Krend FT, now, if you want to find out how hard applying mono by hand is, try FT.

wwwplasterkingcouk said:
wasnt having a go just you need to be getting it on a lot faster than that or your gonna end up with problems when rubbing back getting hallos and ghost marks set your stall up get a bath and knock all the gear up so your not waiting for gear and its all going off at different times you can always knock it up again in bath as for goldtrowell ???? eh no never been there i was member of there forum ? and yes i use machine .@ goody what do you mean parex is quick setting render ????

how did you become a member on their forum?

i meant parex stiffens quite quickly imo.......when you use it for beading you gotta stir it about to keep it supple unlike ecorend which stays pliable for ages

Status
Not open for further replies.