Parex render

JKD

Morning all, any suggestions why new parex render might have done this?

Attachments

• Parex render
    C5D1616F-703D-403C-B1BB-E63140CD3615.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 1,595
I had that on some parex mono T20 - I made the mistake of using some old stuff (still in date) left over from another job.....I think it was small lumps which wasn't mixed properly a total of 270kg laid on(3 bags old 6 new stuff).......luckily for me after a few days of being scratched up it all dried to the same colour.......T20 is a very light colour so maybe thats how I got away with it.

I had that on some parex mono T20 - I made the mistake of using some old stuff (still in date) left over from another job.....I think it was small lumps which wasn't mixed properly a total of 270kg laid on(3 bags old 6 new stuff).......luckily for me after a few days of being scratched up it all dried to the same colour.......T20 is a very light colour so maybe thats how I got away with it.

Suspect that's what's happened here - render has been in garage since November cos weather has been so poor. Still in date etc... my problem is it hasn't dried out. Any suggestions of what to do? Don't really want to render over the top of it again as it's already had 2 coats

That's exactly where mine had been kept I think the damp had got to it. Like I say after I scratched mine up it took a few days to be a consistent colour where you couldnt see the light bits......I would expect in this weather it would dry pretty quickly. I also put paraguard on after. For me I would have had to scrape the whole lot off so going over wasn't an option.

I had it in November in T60. A mushroom colour. Like lumps of lime what the scratch pad has no effect on. Customer wont pay as its only the one wall out of 4. The other 3 has them but too small to notice.

Hoping Rendit can sort it. Been on ther waiting list 5 months now.

It's damp powder in the bags, or wharehouse setting i.e. Stacking bags 7-8 high etc so the downward pressure on the bottom bags lumps up.
Nothing will fix it Except a thin coat over it or a stabiliser i.e. From rend it as mentioned.

We use a lot of powder of all makes so get a lot of deliveries to site, the amount we get with tears in it from forklifts etc. I check every pallet now as you only need to miss one tear in the shrink wrap and it solidifies in bag, goes in the machine, unnoticed until your cutting it back later in the day, the panels ruined due to the odd rogue bag.

We use a lot of powder of all makes so get a lot of deliveries to site, the amount we get with tears in it from forklifts etc. I check every pallet now as you only need to miss one tear in the shrink wrap and it solidifies in bag, goes in the machine, unnoticed until your cutting it back later in the day, the panels ruined due to the odd rogue bag.

so you just waste that ripped bag? who pays for that then?

It's damp powder in the bags, or wharehouse setting i.e. Stacking bags 7-8 high etc so the downward pressure on the bottom bags lumps up.
Nothing will fix it Except a thin coat over it or a stabiliser i.e. From rend it as mentioned.

Great, thanks for the advice

so you just waste that ripped bag? who pays for that then?
No we'll use it if it hasn't got damp but as soon as it's dropped I'll tape the packaging up,after an inspection.
if damps got it I take a picture of it and get a credit note from the supplier.

No we'll use it if it hasn't got damp but as soon as it's dropped I'll tape the packaging up,after an inspection.
And once you get credit from the supplier.....you can used with the mesh

Ah that is good as i know render is not cheap at all.