parex over existing s and c dash

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty34

hello to everyone , ain't posted for a long time , hope everyone is keeping busy . quick question for everyone , a builder im working for wants me to go over existing s and c spa finish with parex then re dash it . :RpS_unsure: just wondering if this is ok to do , i was thinking of putting a scratch coat of parmarex on first then finishing off with the maite for the dash coat . the existing render is rock solid by the way, and not painted ( and before anyone asks i don't know why the customer wants it redone lol :RpS_mellow: ) or should i just use the maite as a scratch coat and then again for the dash coat , any thoughts fellas :RpS_unsure:

yeah tell me about it m8 , to b fair the existing stuff is rock solid , the builder im doing it for wanted to just go straight over it in s and c again , scratch coat then dash coat , imagine the weight then lol :RpS_scared: i politely told **** off with that plan tho :RpS_lol:

Don't know too much about Parex yet. K_Rend base coat like HPX meshed and preferably pinned then their Silicone Dash will work.

That sure will be some shear force on the point of contact between the original base and the blocks/bricks.

hello to everyone , ain't posted for a long time , hope everyone is keeping busy . quick question for everyone , a builder im working for wants me to go over existing s and c spa finish with parex then re dash it . :RpS_unsure: just wondering if this is ok to do , i was thinking of putting a scratch coat of parmarex on first then finishing off with the maite for the dash coat . the existing render is rock solid by the way, and not painted ( and before anyone asks i don't know why the customer wants it redone lol :RpS_mellow: ) or should i just use the maite as a scratch coat and then again for the dash coat , any thoughts fellas :RpS_unsure:

Why don't you just go straight over it with an overcoating dash receiver like what k rend do?

Don't use parmurex then maite. Your all ar5e about t1t there.
Either do what warrior says.
Or micro first and use the maite as the receiver same thing really.

Remember dash unpainted is a raw masonry, you got suction and key.

Away you go

Status
Not open for further replies.