Parex or k rend

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

00paul

I have been plastering 12 years normally use sand , cement renders lime etc . Only done to new builds using weber pral got on with it well. But I have a job come up and they want monocouche which is fine but the problem is its a 1930's house and its stoned dashed any advise would be grateful.:confused:

Thanks mate going over a stoned dash house is it worth me giving it a tight one of sand and cement to straighten it up around the windows etc then base coat over that

is the existing render sound?
the problem with going over existing render with through coats you are adding a lot more additional weight to the substrate, which leads to a chance of delamination etc.
depends on the size of spa, id use parmurex with a bit of lanko added to base coat it.

The spa is sound it's grade 8 Canterbury spa the plinths are shagged going to take them of they are large plinths which stand a metre high then step out .would e.m.l help fixed into brick work

Don't no much about thin coat system . I'm more of a traditional plasterer sand cement lime etc . But the reason y I don't want to hack it of is because the spar is solid this is my own house and done work to it already and it's old soft reds behind the spa hacking it of will shake the brick work to fcuk and the dash is on tight

ive gone over dash on my old house......used parex parinter sprayed on(nice to use by hand though) to bring it out to the top of the stones with thin coat mesh bedded in and sponged up as per insulation type finish. either a tight flat coat over that to take a bucket finish(i sprayed a roughcast over it with dpr) or key up the mesh coat and bead & apply 12mm monorex scraped back to 10mm or so

As long as the existing dash finish is sound and not boast, remove as much old stone as possible and this will give you a good key to render onto. Best basecoat to use will be HP12 basecoat then if hand applying the silicone FT k rend.

Cheers goody and Alexandra u have just backed up the way I was going to do it feel confident now as I have only ever used these materials a hand full of times on new block work which was 3 inch concrete blocks

As long as the existing dash finish is sound and not boast, remove as much old stone as possible and this will give you a good key to render onto. Best basecoat to use will be HP12 basecoat then if hand applying the silicone FT k rend.

yep we did this recently with HP12

first i would presure wash the old stone dash down which will get rid of any lose stones and clean substrate then check reveals can take 15mm of new render if not these will have to cut back to brick or block then check there are no hollow areasif there are they need to be cut and repaird before base coat eg rend aid or matie what ever you prefure to use hope this help your project

Status
Not open for further replies.