creating a base coat with mesh. It can also be
used as the base coat with MARBRI dash
aggregates to create decorative coloured
finishes. With its granulometric curve, MAITE
MONOCOMPOSANT has about 50% more
polymer content than other leading brands,

covers the mesh perfectly and the base coat
can be built up whilst still wet.

K-rend have no basecoat that they spec for eps, was talkin to them last week.

apparently they are working on a basecoat that will go directly over EPS, due out later in the year so time wll tell how good that product actually is.but i agree sm 700 or maitie takes some beating.

Last edited:
so from what you two are saying krend do not currently spec any of their products (that say krend on the bag) for eps, currently, but other brands that use krend basecoats (that does not actually say krend on the bag) do spec for eps .

now krend are looking at an eps spec base so they can supply the thin coat for insulation jobs - so we think......but..... what does that tell you about the systems that are using the mortars over it now ?

One of their technical team said they couldn't spec hp12 for eps as ne tests have been carried out etc, but 'it should be ok though' lol!!

well hp12 and hpx i would suggest, are being supplied in different brand bags and installed over eps

now Dont take that as gospel from me but if you ask most ppl in the know they will agree.

thats not to say i dont like krend, in fact quite the opposite and even more credit to them for saying we wouldnt spec the HP range but now we are developing an eps polymer base.

i look forward to using it in the future

that looks like the stuff, but apparently they wasnt going to launch it until the end of the year, wether its as good as maitie or sm700 we'll have to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.