Parex gf scraped colour!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdn115

Evening all.
I wonder if anyone can can give me a little advice.
Did a parex monorex gf in g10 colour white light I think the colours called.
I applied the gf and left it overnight then scraped it the next day within their specified time.
It's been a week today since it was scraped and it's still a biege colour.
The customers concerned about the colour so am I now.
Will it take more time to lighten to white.
Or is that the colour now!?

To be honest mate ,i cannot see it turning much lighter ,always have had this problem ,with coloured renders they don,t look the same as on the charts that are given out ,i always give the customer a list of jobs i have done ,so they can see the true colour on the wall

Firstly thanks guys.
Oh bummer.
The weber pral.m chalk that I've done before has always come out alright.
I would of used that. But she said it was reminiscent of pebbledash.
Lol.
So Andy.M kindly pointed me in the direction of the monorex gf.
I don't suppose Parex will do jack about.
:(

Firstly thanks guys.
Oh bummer.
The weber pral.m chalk that I've done before has always come out alright.
I would of used that. But she said it was reminiscent of pebbledash.
Lol.
So Andy.M kindly pointed me in the direction of the monorex gf.
I don't suppose Parex will do jack about.
:(
i only use weber mate , so i could be wrong , at the end of the day if it ,s what the customer chose then thats it

Tends to piss the customer off ,when they have payed for a coloured render :RpS_crying::RpS_wink:

They did choose that colour. But in fairness is nothing like the colour on there colour facade simulator.
I'm not sure if you can paint the parex.
I know weber do a system for painting their pral.m but it's mega money about £100 per litre if my memory serves me right.
But who would be responsible for the cost to paint it.
I've followed parex's spec.
Don't see why I should fork out if their render doesn't match there advertised colour chart.

They did choose that colour. But in fairness is nothing like the colour on there colour facade simulator.
I know weber do a system for painting their pral.m but it's mega money about £100 per litre if my memory serves me right.
Don't see why I should fork out if their render doesn't match there advertised colour chart.
do you know any jobs done in your area with the same product ,so you can give them a drive pass ,post up your area , the guys may help out ,or ask the supplier

Wouldn't a normal masonry do?

Tbh Flynnman im not to sure if normal masonry paint will do.
Just downloaded the parex colour chart and it does look a similar colour.
They chose that colour so tuff tatties.
:D

Tbh Andy is the first time I've used parex.
I'd heard of Blanc du littoral but didn't know the grit size.
She wasn't happy with the grit size of pral.m.
So I was advised on the gf for a finer grit size.
Is the blanc du littoral avaliable as a fine grit? Or is it medium?

And she did go onto their website and the facade simulator and chose the g10 colour but like I say only on the gf colour chart.

To be honest,in my experience, the Parex colours are pretty much bang on the money so its an unusual one this. G10 isnt really a white colour and as Plasterjfe says and is more of a cream, but it still should be damn near the shade the client picked.
If the client isnt happy about this I would get a rep out on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.