Parex colour wash/paint ??

Members online

Stanbra

Did first job using parex scratch render, had to patch wall up only to later find you are unable to patch up next day... So it looks s**t. Going to paint it, just wondered if anyone has painted scratch render ? Is the parex paint reasonable price ? Can't get in touch with parex rep

Price is not reasonable, expensive as f**k. If you haven’t managed to patch it up ok ish paint won’t help much. If it’s a minor patch it’s ok ......ish, but bare in mind whatever parex tells you it will come out with slightly different colour and the texture won’t be the same.

Wet it down a lot to make it look natural or it will look painted.

Rendit in Doncaster make their own.

Jub revitacolor is good. Wet down up to 50%. 60m2 a bucket at 20% watered down but water down more if you can.

Price is not reasonable, expensive as f**k. If you haven’t managed to patch it up ok ish paint won’t help much. If it’s a minor patch it’s ok ......ish, but bare in mind whatever parex tells you it will come out with slightly different colour and the texture won’t be the same.
The bit I've patched it roughly 1m2 and it looks like square darker patch compared to rest of the wall. There's also little light patches that have been missed. I thought if I painted it, it would be one consistent colour ?
Also how much paint cost for 50m2 ? (Guesstimate)

Wet it down a lot to make it look natural or it will look painted.

Rendit in Doncaster make their own.

Jub revitacolor is good. Wet down up to 50%. 60m2 a bucket at 20% watered down but water down more if you can.
Will it not alter the colour by watering it down ? I used Athens sand colour and its dried quite light.

Should imagine it will.

But there is a difference between making it look painted and making it look natural.

The bit I've patched it roughly 1m2 and it looks like square darker patch compared to rest of the wall. There's also little light patches that have been missed. I thought if I painted it, it would be one consistent colour ?
Also how much paint cost for 50m2 ? (Guesstimate)
It doesn't matter how big the patch is in your case, it matters how you joined it to the existing render and the edge around the patch is the one you have to worry about.The paint will work well over the misses.Start with 3:1 first coat and then 2:1 for the second coat. Difference will be made when the paint goes right to the back of the render, meaning filling every little hole.On the top of my head.....£270-280 for the big tub.