parapet wall

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luckylad

Hello
I've been asked to re-render a parapet wall. it was done 5 years ago by someone else. The water has got into the render and it's come loose.
Just wondering what you guys would recommend to repair it with.

Thanks

what is the backing for the render?

what has caused water to effect the render..... fix that at the smae time as removing and replacing - otherwise your efforts will fail as well...... Most Parapets have poorly fitted coping at the top, which allows water to run down onto the wall..... fit one with an overhang of 35mm or more with a drip....

Good Luck!

Hello
Unfortunately its not as simple as it seems. The coping is actually narrower than the wall below ,this means there's a slope of render that is totally exposed to the rain. I'll post photos asap.
I was thinking of tanking it but wondered what other solutions people might suggest.
Thanks

Hello
Unfortunately its not as simple as it seems. The coping is actually narrower than the wall below ,this means there's a slope of render that is totally exposed to the rain. I'll post photos asap.
I was thinking of tanking it but wondered what other solutions people might suggest.
Thanks

I would walk away from this one. The copings need replacing with drips and maybe a dpc under the copings.

I think that there are a lot of fundemental issues with this..... Rigsby is probably right - unless someone takes care of the basic problems, this is a hiding to nothing job....

will the client listen and get someone to put the coping and walling right before you re render it?

You could just re render it..... but it will fail again quiet quickly.....

your reputation and name on it.....

you could do the work now, then do it again in 5 years time after telling them you told them this would happen.... LOL Kind of regular work! LOL

Hello
Thanks
the copings are doing nothing then

took me bloody ages to work it out but heres the photos
IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

ill be interested to know what you think

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.