Paper tape

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodplasterer

Right started the job with the paper tape today 2 weeks later than it should have been! We still haven't been given rates and all the ceilings are 6x3 boards so there is a fair bit of taping to do in each flat :RpS_cursing: Also got told today that the reason for the use of paper tape is because BG dont recommend anything other than paper tape and that scrim should only be used as patching tape according to a BG rep that came to site a few weeks ago :-0 so every job I have done for the last 20 years has been wrong :rolleyes)

Not knowing the price is not good bod, every time we have had that it ends up be worse then you think!

firm im on for at the mo cnt board for shite in every room theres at least 2 boards brown side out huge gaps in out of square corners and i have to go round every screw checking thier in properly more often than not they are pokeing out:RpS_cursing: annoying work but day rate on it is dream makeing up the money i loose on a shite rate by correcting thier macca work

its only 110 a day but they take me in bring me back do all the cleaning and humping about, but as i said thier boarding and floating is macca so what i loose on the day rate i make up correcting thier mistakes

I've been paper taping on Lafarge Aquaboards with Aquamix which has to be paper taped, and doing it the slow way. It's a real pain.There is a corner attachment for the banjo too.

I've been paper taping on Lafarge Aquaboards with Aquamix which has to be paper taped, and doing it the slow way. It's a real pain.There is a corner attachment for the banjo too.

great to have more variety in taping tools(belmore). homax banjo and delko internal tool best value allround taping package. youtube video by precision taping is good for anyone that hasn't seen them. i thought mesh was illegal i paper tape everything. is this true?

great to have more variety in taping tools(belmore). homax banjo and delko internal tool best value allround taping package. youtube video by precision taping is good for anyone that hasn't seen them. i thought mesh was illegal i paper tape everything. is this true?

s**t I've got boxes of scrim in the van. Best go and get rid of them!

We're 11 flats in now and it's not too bad once you get the hang of it, we took just over a day to set up the first flat now we set one up in a morning. but going back through the job we have noticed a few cracks already so the paper tape not as great as they think.

We're 11 flats in now and it's not too bad once you get the hang of it, we took just over a day to set up the first flat now we set one up in a morning. but going back through the job we have noticed a few cracks already so the paper tape not as great as they think.

Is it cracking right in the corner or at the edge of the paper?

Its cracking right in the middle by the looks of it its failing in places unless there is still huge amounts of movement in the building I can't see why.

Its cracking right in the middle by the looks of it its failing in places unless there is still huge amounts of movement in the building I can't see why.

should be building moving to force paper to tear where as mesh just cracks. need mesh for patches though as paper only bonds well to new board

I reckon that the cracks are just shrinkage, as when the tape is bedded it is obviously made wet. The paper will take longer to fully dry out, much longer than the skim coat on the field of the board and as the moisture evaporates the shrinkage occurs.

We are wetting the tape before we stick em up as that's what we have been told to do, don't know if that has any thing to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.