paper tape falling off

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi fellas i skimmed a ceiling today that was a right mess but i do'nt know why. it was a swirl artex patten but there was paper tape all over it that had blown or blistererd when i started scraping i scraped the whole ceiling off the artex was that soft and the tape just peeled off i'm surprised it did'nt just fall off. why did who did it used paper tape instead of scrim the woman said it was done four years ago and how do you apply this tape thanks:RpS_biggrin:

Paper tape is normal practice if tape and joint and then artex. The bubbling and such could be many things possibly not properly sealed maybe water damage if its a kitchen with a bathroom above etc.

But hey I don't want to tell you how to suck eggs I mean your qualified right?:rolleyes)

i have done it today already. i just taped a few very fine hairline cracks with scrim and then pvad and skimmed the ceiling with some fibres in for strength. it looked really good. i just want to know why the guy from four years ago just used paper tape over the hairlines and why they did'nt stick and fell off you could see all the tape sagging before i even began to scrape. and what would you do about a cancelled job i had a job in the morning a last minute emergencey for an I****n who then cancelled at the last minute just saying he had a change of plan but i think he got someone else cheaper who did it today. annoyed bcause it was an easy ton and i would have been finished by eleven as well

thanks zombie but why do'nt we use paper tape then insyead of scrim. they still sell the old cloth scrim at b and q is paper tape just for when you use artex and how do you put it on

i am thinking about a contract / quote that we both sign and then if they back out they owe ten percent. terms and conditions. at the moment it is just goodwill between me and my customer

thanks zombie but why do'nt we use paper tape then insyead of scrim. they still sell the old cloth scrim at b and q is paper tape just for when you use artex and how do you put it on

Because were plastering not tape and jointing. Ive taped and jointed 1000s m2 on commercial jobs and if you was someone asking me why genuinely and not just being the jumped up fukin smart arse that you are id waste my time and hard earned experience explaining.

Your a dick mate!

charming mate. i am asking you why you use it on artex and not plaster and why it did'nt work. you do'nt have to get angry mate maybe you need to get out more

Drawing pins dave....:rolleyes)
same as you would use for your beads...remember:RpS_wink:

or hubba bubba,,, bazooka joes,,etc:RpS_thumbup:
but thats a bit cowboyish mate.

Because were plastering not tape and jointing. Ive taped and jointed 1000s m2 on commercial jobs and if you was someone asking me why genuinely and not just being the jumped up fukin smart arse that you are id waste my time and hard earned experience explaining.

Your a dick mate!
:RpS_laugh:

i had a job in the morning a last minute emergencey for an I****n who then cancelled at the last minute just saying he had a change of plan but i think he got someone else cheaper who did it today. annoyed bcause it was an easy ton and i would have been finished by eleven as well

here is a tip for you ,if ever an I****n or his like, ever phone you about work, just hang up!

lol good advice malc. his name was imran so i think he was I****n or pakistani. really annoyed i was going to go to b and q and get a giant hotdog and the plaster at seven then be there for half seven and then one mix it was nothing. i felt embarassed when i left charging that but an electrician would have for a saturday morning so why not mate. but someone has undercut me. he had a cellar that he wanted membrane etc on as well and a pump that i was goiung to measure and price so lost more than just this job unless he phones me back

Imran - isn't that a good old fashion British name - west Yorkshire --------- suburb of Bradford I think:RpS_laugh:

i have done it today already. i just taped a few very fine hairline cracks with scrim and then pvad and skimmed the ceiling with some fibres in for strength. it looked really good. i just want to know why the guy from four years ago just used paper tape over the hairlines and why they did'nt stick and fell off you could see all the tape sagging before i even began to scrape. and what would you do about a cancelled job i had a job in the morning a last minute emergencey for an I****n who then cancelled at the last minute just saying he had a change of plan but i think he got someone else cheaper who did it today. annoyed bcause it was an easy ton and i would have been finished by eleven as well
ask the guy who done it and take the I****n guy to court! sorted

i think carol the cat got that job

i cant beleive he got someone cheaper than you dog,, he will probably live to regret it , you must be starving going without your hotdog davethedog or did you still have your hotdog davethedog

Your a dick mate!

don't treat him with cruelty, zombie. i think he responds better to emotional rewards :RpS_thumbup:

i would charge at least that for a saturday morning, dave; you didn't overcharge. fcuk him. don't be despondent. you have a saturday free to do something crazy. work hard, play hard, that's my motto. well, one of them..

hi fellas i skimmed a ceiling today that was a right mess but i do'nt know why. it was a swirl artex patten but there was paper tape all over it that had blown or blistererd when i started scraping i scraped the whole ceiling off the artex was that soft and the tape just peeled off i'm surprised it did'nt just fall off. why did who did it used paper tape instead of scrim the woman said it was done four years ago and how do you apply this tape thanks:RpS_biggrin:

Thats top secret m8 I could tell u how 2 apply paper tape but I wud have 2 kill u lol

lol good advice malc. his name was imran so i think he was I****n or pakistani. really annoyed i was going to go to b and q and get a giant hotdog and the plaster at seven then be there for half seven and then one mix it was nothing. i felt embarassed when i left charging that but an electrician would have for a saturday morning so why not mate. but someone has undercut me. he had a cellar that he wanted membrane etc on as well and a pump that i was goiung to measure and price so lost more than just this job unless he phones me back

Golden rule number 1

Never work for Indians or ****'s!

They will
knock you down. They will try to get you to do extra for free. They will attempt for a further reduction on completion.
And as you have found out They will drop you at the last minute if they can get it done cheaper.

Sounds very racist I know, but it's a game they started! :rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.