paper bags

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoni

It`s about time all plaster came in tough plastic bags!
Am sick of picking bags from merchants up wi holes or small tears in em:RpS_mad:
labourer pulled bag of multi-finsh out back of van this morning, threw it on his shoulder it split clean in half. He was covered also van, road, pavement and every where he walked:RpS_cursing:
we spend enough dosh on these big companys products, times av moved on from paper bags. wot really gets me u get cement in those tough plastic bags

Remember dropping a bag of plaster over my shoulder years ago when labouring and the boss going mad.Plastic bags is the way forward i agree.

Try throwing the old man size browning/bonding bags over your shoulder and humping them upstairs without them splitting.

Oh and mixing it in a tin bath.lol

Oh they were the days, I had a great six pack from mixing Browning with a rake in the old bath. Looking down at my belly now I think it's time to get that old bath out of the back of the unit and buy some Browning.:-0

What was the most you ever mixed in the bath anyone? Done 38 bags - was absolutely kernackered, but yer right about the six pack Andy:RpS_thumbup:

What was the most you ever mixed in the bath anyone? Done 38 bags - was absolutely kernackered, but yer right about the six pack Andy:RpS_thumbup:
Fkin ell that was a big bath,no seriously i did about 10 bags of hardwall in a bath last year before dinner and i was absolutley knackered,mind you i am carrying a party pack now.lol.

Hi guys this is my first "real" post on hear and its something ive just been discussing with a customer today.
At one time ,not many moons ago the bags had 5 layers(yes 5) now there down to 2 paper and 1 plastic. I
emailed Gypsum regarding this and its a shame i didn,t save their reply, coz it was quite funny..Something
about "cost-cutting" and all that :RpS_laugh:.We now pay double the price and have half the packaging. Bargain.

mm cement is cheaper? mastercrete don`t seem to have issue with packaging, for xucks sake postcrete comes in plaggy bag, and all you av to do is dig a hole an throw the xunt in:RpS_w00t:

Ad pay an extra 10p at merchents for plaster in plastic, the companys would soon get there money back from investing in new packaging equipment. Thing is if ever them machines stop processing for any time there profits r down.
Am going to start a new campaign, an write to Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall see if he`ll back it:RpS_lol:
Call it "THE DUSTY DAVE CAMPAIGN" or sumurt:RpS_biggrin:
your lads might av some input on this:RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.