painted brickwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricky00

hello all first post on here so be nice.
i've got a job to price to float and set some walls where the brickwork is painted, was looking for some ideas on how to approch this. before we had our ritmo i'd price it to bonding agent then float with bonding and then set but seeing as we can't spray bonding was hoping for some other ideas.
i don't really want to strip the paint if i don't have to. i'm hoping that bonding agent then hardwall or an ocr sound ok?

bonding agent then ocr, hardwall, toughcoat or mp75/thistle projection should be fine. just make sure the paint is sound and the bonding agent is decent.

cheers for that pretty much what i thought, alway nice to have another opinion though. i've got some microgobetis left over should be ok to use? probably going to go with mp75.

knauf betokontact is well priced and use some dehumidifiers with the mp75 so it will dry out quick. worth it this time of year

haha yeah thanks for that. we have the ritmo m, had it a few months now you spoke to michael last week, he works with me.
we're based in kent about 10 mins from that job in pembury that he posted about.

haven't tried the thistle projection, don't really want to buy a pallet to test it out. i tried to blag some at the roadshow in erith but they didn't have any. knauf have been very good in helping us out with the mp75

just wondering if expanded metal would work over paint would it be easier just fixing it to the walls then float and set over top of that?

haha yeah thanks for that. we have the ritmo m, had it a few months now you spoke to michael last week, he works with me.
we're based in kent about 10 mins from that job in pembury that he posted about.

haven't tried the thistle projection, don't really want to buy a pallet to test it out. i tried to blag some at the roadshow in erith but they didn't have any. knauf have been very good in helping us out with the mp75

ah ur his mate. nice to meet you sir!

depends how u like the mp i suppose, but i think the thistle is nicer.

u got the new skim going alright now?

yeah i think we are getting there with the spray finish, we sprayed a few ceilings on last week not sure if we want more air or less but wasn't happy with the overspray/mess although it really didn't take too long to get them on. i sprayed them on cleaned machine and then cleaned up while the two lads troweled up, was nice not having to pick up a trowel apart from to scrape the walls off lol.
walls are nice and easy though, we have a strip of the blue tarp we lay down and move around as we go.
what water setting are you using? the 110 they say is way to wet imo.

yeah when i spoke to michael i said i thought 110 was way too high. im sure we were spraying it at about speed 9 water 80ish. it should be the same as if u were putting on by hand, but just a tad wetter. air on high. for the lids i found it helps to give it a light mist, then a good coating. the gear sticks to the wet finish better than the board.

how much have u been putting on per hit?

to be honest not really had the jobs where we can really go for it and until were confident with the spraying and the spray finish we arent putting on more than we can do by hand. on those ceilings we did last week we had the 3 bedrooms ceilings on that were ready, nice size rooms, could of easy had another couple on like i said i just potted about being lazy.
really do need the right jobs for the finish and i havent got any lately

yeah walls are alot easier to keep clean on than the ceilings have been, but i'll try a few things and hopefully essexandy and currier will share their experiences too.

You can go straight on sound painted surfaces with Bonding without having to use any bonding agents i think.

yeah walls are alot easier to keep clean on than the ceilings have been, but i'll try a few things and hopefully essexandy and currier will share their experiences too.

one of you hold an 8ft straight edge or something made up, up the engle if ur spraying into a finished wall

Status
Not open for further replies.