painted brick

Status
Not open for further replies.

fruitcake1987

Hi guys need some advise I've got an outside toilet that needs rendering but the brick has been painted tried getting off but being a bit of a c**t, if I scratch the paint and get the flacky bits off can I scratch and float on top of the paint? Any help gratefully received

Cheers

Grind it off with a angle grinder and then use a sbr slurry coat pref with mesh embedded.. Alternitavely fix expanded metal lathing over the painted area and scratch it on with some sbr in the mix.

After the crap I have had alately over a couple of cracks and the mis diagnosis from Weber I will do what ever to avoid that happening again! Hardly had any complaints about cracking in 30 years of business and never anything like the stress this recent complaint has caused. I have realised that mono (especially Weber) is so prone to cracking that I will do what it takes to avoid it from happening. If the costs make me un competitive then good let some other chancer have it.

that's what I mean mate on a decent size job you'll lose it and don't forget maufaturers will spec it too make money

After the crap I have had alately over a couple of cracks and the mis diagnosis from Weber I will do what ever to avoid that happening again! Hardly had any complaints about cracking in 30 years of business and never anything like the stress this recent complaint has caused. I have realised that mono (especially Weber) is so prone to cracking that I will do what it takes to avoid it from happening. If the costs make me un competitive then good let some other chancer have it.
Understand where your coming from mate but i wouldnt bother meshing a job like that unless the wall was obviously cracked just SBR or whatever to prime the paint and CRACK on it sounds like an old house so if it was going to crack it would have done by now.

Ideal cheers guys and mark Ross we don't use it as a toilet anymore we raised the roof and put washing machine and tumbledryer init maximize kitchen space. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.