painted brick

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
just been to see a job about 25m painted brick the paint is well stuck n they want krend would rendaid be ok for krend is this the way to go or will the joints need raking back aswell never really used rendaid so not too sure thanks

you would prob get away with just mesh and adhesive if you were using a thin-coat system but with a heavy render you would have to give it a mechanical key by disc cutting the whole area/rake back the joints, then use a good polymer render base coat like rend-aid left with a heavy stipple or with a fibreglass mesh embedded in it for added peace of mind and then keyed. From there it's as per normal matey

on webers website they say dont go over painted areas with the rendaid surely if the paint is well on there and the joints raked back it becomes a low suction area hence the need for rendaid

shouldnt render on paint, the paint soon deteriates and the render fails, get it off with needle gun

if ya gonna use eml its gotta be stainless which works out expensive along with s/s fixings , also metal expands and contracts in differing temperatures making cracks a problem ,personally id rather have render stuck to the wall instead of eml. a day to needle gun paint off , hpx then top coat.

fair one...
i did come across some jazzy machine for hire a while back, bit like a rotating meat tenderiser.... prolly have that paint off quick smart... ill see if i can find it again...

merlin said:
if ya gonna use eml its gotta be stainless which works out expensive along with s/s fixings , also metal expands and contracts in differing temperatures making cracks a problem ,personally id rather have render stuck to the wall instead of eml. a day to needle gun paint off , hpx then top coat.
will needle it off then i think once thats done does it still need rendaid thanks

That looks a good bit of kit Chriss, only used air powered needle guns before the only thing with electric powered tools is how long will they last when used constantly all day but if your hiring it so what.

i just hired aproper needle gun mate on a compresser come off in no time they look good those machines in the link refina do em but they are close on 400 smackers

yeah and i thought needle guns were like a rod with about 10 needle rods? is that right it would take ages to strip a full house back

Status
Not open for further replies.