painted block

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boarding it seems to be with the majority on here but I was meaning, paint with bondit or WBA or blue grit(all bonding agents) then coat of bonding Plaster then once that has set 2coats of Multi. Your on your own from there though

dmplastering i do feel the most confident doing it this way i don't know if that is just cos of the boarding up round the table and all the trunking, maybe the bonding plaster route is the easiest and one i feel most confident with but i do have a feeling if i was to use another method i would use 2x1 and then board the room and skim

Stick boards to the Walls and skim it if the boards need to be on tight then use dry fix form adhesive and skim it

thanks il look up the dry fix foam adhesive i do want the boards on tight, i don't know what i would do if someone was having there lunch and the board fell on there head....i don't even want to think about that

You can lay coat of carlite bonding on and the then skim it

thanks redman seems like carlite bonding is the stuff i used in college when i was doing the browning hmmm good idea i like it but its dear think its about 8quid a bag hmmm thats the same price as a board

Did you listen in college im sure they teach you basics like this pva boards ??? where did you get ya level one ?

Did you listen in college im sure they teach you basics like this pva boards ??? where did you get ya level one ?

i did listen, i was actually the best in my class in theory, its just a shame i wasn't the best in practical, but i will be one day the best practically and when i am I'm gonna help others with there stupid questions and not put them down or mock at them cos its just common courtesy my level one i got it from manchester college it wasn't great but you know what i don't claim benefits and i don't sit at home and do nothin i work for every little i do have and I'm gonna keep trying ;-)

You ar confident with browning but have no idea of any other type of preparation before skimming the walls.you must be takin it surely.firstly I have never used browning in my life,because I wasn't born in 1945,and secondly how could you do an INTENSIVE course and never heard of dot n dabbin walls or floating work and prep.:glare:

You ar confident with browning but have no idea of any other type of preparation before skimming the walls.you must be takin it surely.firstly I have never used browning in my life,because I wasn't born in 1945,and secondly how could you do an INTENSIVE course and never heard of dot n dabbin walls or floating work and prep.:glare:

ok its not that i have never heard of dat n dab or floating a wall, as i have done all the following when i was doing sand and lime and then doing a column and then doing cutting the boards and fitting beeding, its just i did do browning as a part of the course and i remember using a a float level and then flattening it and checking it with a straight edge etc. i think its just experience if you aint got none and all you have done is skim a few walls at home that are flat and don't need beeding then yeah you do forget. i have forgot and I'm not winding anyone up its a shame people don't give others the benefit of the doubt as it has been nearly a year since i have done anything actually its been about a year and 7month

good but the questions you should really know from what you do at college this is what i would do: get there take all shitty trancklments off walls pva walls put board up to wall mark round it dot dabs where board is put 3 dots at top 3 half way to middle 3 middle 3 a third down the wall 3 at bottom abbout half a trowel of adhesive stick board where you dotted then so on till all boarded scrim joints then mix as much as you can handle good luck ! keep calm and keep plastering ! Yeya

good but the questions you should really know from what you do at college this is what i would do: get there take all shitty trancklments off walls pva walls put board up to wall mark round it dot dabs where board is put 3 dots at top 3 half way to middle 3 middle 3 a third down the wall 3 at bottom abbout half a trowel of adhesive stick board where you dotted then so on till all boarded scrim joints then mix as much as you can handle good luck ! keep calm and keep plastering ! Yeya

thanks for the quick reminder you know what i do remember doing it at college and my tutor saying to me 'put more dry wall on and put it at a thicker and higher angle so it touches the board at least', cos i was only putting a little on yeah it is fairly straight forward and I'm sure i will get there listen what about the beeding we only used plastic beeding for health and safety reasons but screwed it in should i use metal angle beeds and what size should i use and from looking at the picture do i need anything other then angle beads if I'm going to skim it on round the pillars etc

You will need roughly one bag of multi for every 8m2
BG say 10m2 a bag but i very rarely achieve this

thanks again mate i appreciate it, il probably calculate it for 7m2 just to cover for if i start being a bit generous with it, listen i know everyone is saying just skim don't pva, but when i was in college it went off quick on the plasterboard and i just found by the time i got to it to level it out and flatten it, it had already dried can i not put pva on the plasterboard to slow it down going of so i can have a little more time on it

get the steel ones and get tin snipes to cutt em get some decent ones like wizz snipes 'the best' get the longest ones then ur safe and some clout nails to tak them on too

You should piss 10m on board
sorry what is 10m is that adhesive will that slow the plaster going of so i can work it once its on the plasterboards, can i just be honest and say when i was in college i was putting the skim on and it just felt like i had too much on there, and the places where i had put less i could see the skim tape threw them but they were brown so i don't know I'm worried with the boards its gonna go off too quick or i might put too much on, but with the browning and bonding I'm thinking well i can drench it with pva soak it and then skim it and il have plenty of time to flatten it and get it perfect without water.

get the steel ones and get tin snipes to cutt em get some decent ones like wizz snipes 'the best' get the longest ones then ur safe and some clout nails to tak them on too

thanks so much mate for telling me this cos i need to get some snips, il get some long ones and when i go for materials with the boss il get the clout nails is there only one size? or do i need to specify and with regards to the board is there a recommended thickness i need to have

Have you any experience of rimming? If so, you have a start straight away....

lol rimming lol actually i do have experience i have a special tool called a reemer i use to remove burrs from steel conduit ;-) i can bring it along and let you have a go with it if you wish just say the word ;-)

listen bumpyjoe thanks alot you have saved me looking a tw@& when i go for materials cos i can say we need angle beads and clout nails and it will sound like i know what I'm talking about ;-) just googled them and they the ones..i would never have known what they were call and i probably would have bought the beading gone back and realised i had no nails to hold it in place thanks

To be honest mate you sound like you are panicking,never panic.if you can use browning then skim,just do that.use the 13mm render beard on the corners,apply browning to leave sufficiently back for a 3-4mm skim on top.personally I would dot n dab the lot,skrim all joints then fix skim coat corner beads and skim your arse off.never pva,d a plasterboard but have heard others doing it on massive areas.

To be honest mate you sound like you are panicking,never panic.if you can use browning then skim,just do that.use the 13mm render beard on the corners,apply browning to leave sufficiently back for a 3-4mm skim on top.personally I would dot n dab the lot,skrim all joints then fix skim coat corner beads and skim your arse off.never pva,d a plasterboard but have heard others doing it on massive areas.

i feel a lot calmer after hearing your practical advice, and i guess more so cos its like do A then do B and then do C and you have expanded aswell which has helped a lot i feel like the boarding idea is a good one with using skim coat corner beads, then i reckon I'm gonna pva the lot and skim like i have never skimmed. thanks for the reassurance.

LOL don't forget to beeeeeeeed nice and tight.:RpS_lol:

im gonna make sure the top and bottom of the column is the same size and the beed is straight like they taught me at college and that should do the trick and if it does not I'm gonna just stand in front of the beam on all my lunch and tea brakes so no one notices ;-)

im gonna make sure the top and bottom of the column is the same size and the beed is straight like they taught me at college and that should do the trick and if it does not I'm gonna just stand in front of the beam on all my lunch and tea brakes so no one notices ;-)

That will work better if your trousers are around your ankles and you have both cock and testicles in one hand whilst firmly placing your free thumb inside your anus.

No way will they notice the bead then...

Status
Not open for further replies.