Pain problems and what the doctor gives you?

Members online

No members online now.

peterroberts

I have read a few ppl's comments over the years about problems with getting tennis elbow , bad knees, shoulders etc, ( there's a song there somewhere) , I have recently been told there's nothing much more can be done with my shoulder, they are looking now at shoulder replacement, which I didn't even know they did, but obviously as I keep telling the doctor I have to work, unless he would like to pay my bills, he's given me something called zapain which means at least now I can get to sleep, but also means I can't drive while taking them.
So my question basically is what do the older guys do , what does the doc give you for pain relief, and does it mean you are still ok to drive,
I do feel at times like I am talking to a brick wall when I try and explain this to the doc but I am hoping that someone else may have an answer I can then tell my doctor, it's either that, or pack in plastering

charge more money when they are fit and healthy and get out when they have enough money...

I am not sure what else can be done...

I have read a few ppl's comments over the years about problems with getting tennis elbow , bad knees, shoulders etc, ( there's a song there somewhere) , I have recently been told there's nothing much more can be done with my shoulder, they are looking now at shoulder replacement, which I didn't even know they did, but obviously as I keep telling the doctor I have to work, unless he would like to pay my bills, he's given me something called zapain which means at least now I can get to sleep, but also means I can't drive while taking them.
So my question basically is what do the older guys do , what does the doc give you for pain relief, and does it mean you are still ok to drive,
I do feel at times like I am talking to a brick wall when I try and explain this to the doc but I am hoping that someone else may have an answer I can then tell my doctor, it's either that, or pack in plastering
Doc told me to stop plastering.......
Obviously I could drop back into neurosurgery if I felt like it, but there's no challenge there anymore......:)
You've gotta look after yourself mate, think of yourself as an athlete, remember that rest is important too. Good luck.

Easy for me to say but if it gets to the stage where the pain gets that bad and your having parts of your body replaced perhaps it's time to call it a day?

Doc told me to stop plastering.......
Obviously I could drop back into neurosurgery if I felt like it, but there's no challenge there anymore......:)
You've gotta look after yourself mate, think of yourself as an athlete, remember that rest is important too. Good luck.

I fractured my wrist in 2008/09 and I was told to stop plastering and then along came tennis elbow... I was told to stop but I new in april 2009 I would be off travelling for a year so I drugged my self up bought a copper band and cracked on :D