Pain and tingles in left arm/hand

Members online

Simonmc80

Hi all just wondering if anyone has had any if these symptoms:
Dull pain in arm/shoulder socket
Tingling/numbness in arm,hand and fingers
I'm 42 and have been plastering since I was 16 and had these symptoms for just over a week in my handboard (left) arm. It's not horrendously painful but very uncomfortable, doctors think it's carpal tunnel. Does this mean a career change some people have told me carpal tunnel can cause severe arthritis in years to come. Thanks in advance

I'm 42 and have been plastering since I was 16 and had these symptoms for just over a week in my handboard (left) arm. It's not horrendously painful but very uncomfortable, doctors think it's carpal tunnel. Does this mean a career change some people have told me carpal tunnel can cause severe arthritis in years to come. Thanks in advance
@John j got this after his 4th jab @theclemo

Sorry m8 dr's wrong its
being a plasterer/ curious you left handed?

I have this..... but I have slowly been losing the use of my hands for a while now...

one of the questions the doctors asked me is whether I was jibber jabbed.... so make of that what you will

Have you tried using a hawk instead of a handboard?

Sounds like carpal tunnel, I’ve had the op and not had any issues since but you can’t even drive for a week after. Good time to book a holiday

It's your rotary cuff and nerves in your neck. Naprocen and physio. . If you look up and it seems to worsen its nerves in ye neck. I got same s**t at moment

What size boots do you wear?

I had carpal tunnel surgery last thursday, week tomorrow, I'm hoping to be back at it a week Monday, got jobs booked in, is that a bit ambitious? Feels like it at the moment

Very few health professionals really appreciate the strain our trade puts on our bodies.
We once worked for a high ranking physiotherapist and he described our trade as "brutal".
Don't rush back.
I had carpal tunnel surgery last thursday, week tomorrow, I'm hoping to be back at it a week Monday, got jobs booked in, is that a bit ambitious? Feels like it at the moment

I won’t rush back if it doesn’t feel right, and it doesn’t feel anywhere near ready yet, I’m just interested to know other plasterers timescale