P.V.A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

Allreet lads do you allways give re-skims two coats of p.v.a i have found recently that the skim starts like to pull apart in some places if you get me also do you knife the walls if they have been painted??? Many thanks for all the advice.

all pva is used for is to control the suction if u need to generate a key you should be using a gypbond or similar

one coat of pva to seal the wall..... then the second coat to stick the plaster to the wall.
if the walls are sound, one would be fine.

napper83 said:
all pva is used for is to control the suction if u need to generate a key you should be using a gypbond or similar

I know what p.v.a is for put i allways taught the way skyzoo has said one coat of pva let it go off then another coat let go tacky then skim away

if the first coat is still abit wet by the time ive put it on an filled my water buckets it gets skimmed if its dry it gets another coat unless its a small room then the quicker it pulls in the better really

I have a ceiling to re-skim on tuesday evening so if i pva tomorrow night can i skim it tuesday night?

7 years but i had a head injury and was in a coma so i have to refresh my memory sometimes sorry spunky!!

Basher said:
7 years but i had a head injury and was in a coma so i have to refresh my memory sometimes sorry spunky!!

If your try to make Spunky feel bad I think your onto a loser ;D

iv found my last 3 jobs that the TP pva has looked and felt dry but when skimmin its slides and brakes up ect?????

Unibond super PVA is the best on the market and if you shop around you can pick it up for £20 for 10 litres, which is roughly what you pay for most other PVA's, you will always be able to get the cheap stuff but I would'nt bother, as for how many coats the way I see it is Unibond know more about this than any of us so if they say two coats then thats how much Im putting on

Status
Not open for further replies.